Chapter 8 Needed Help

Cutters POV
I was sitting on the ground outside next to Yangs dog who is the best by the way,anyway I was watching Ty spare with Yang,he's testing her out with her new arm. This has been going on for a few weeks now,Yang has gotten better and more control with her new arm. She punched Ty with her arm which sent him back a bit,"well...that thing packs a punch". "We've been at this for weeks,I get it you want to make sure I can still fight. I think I'm doing just fine",Yang not to destroy your confidence but you still need to keep learning."The kid is right,your close","oh really","your still off balance". "What! No I'm not! Honestly I'm kinda surprised,I thought it would be this huge weight,but it feels natural". Ty whispered in my ear as Yang kept talking,I nodded and walked up to her as she kept looking at her arm."They did a great job designing this-",she didn't have time to finish her sentence. I punched her in the face and we engaged into hand to hand close combat,before her injury she never really fought using her legs but now she incorporates them more often. I grabbed her new arm and tried to hit her with me elbow,she caught it with her another hand."I wasn't talking about your actual balance",he winked and I nodded. I then tripped her so she fell on her back."Although,that can use some work too". I chuckled and laid on the ground next to Yang,she giggled a bit then started talking to her dad."Meaning?" "I saw your tournament fights,during the vital festival". "Let me guess,I was sloppy". "No no,you were predictable. And stubborn,and maybe a little bone headed". Yang then sat up and faced her dad,I sat up as well and leaned on her back. She leaned back too so we were propping each other up,"do you realize you used your semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers". Yang then turned around and was next to me facing away from her dad,"so what. How is me using my semblance any different from someone else using theirs". "Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum,haha I'm serious. Once you take damage you can dish it back twice as hard but that doesn't mean your invincible. It's great when your in a bind but then what happens if you miss,what happens if they're stronger,what then? Now your just weak and tired,you've always been one to burn brighter then everyone else. Wether it was with your smile,well...I remember your first haircut". Ty was joking around and Yang pushed his arm away smiling but scoffed,these two are always joking."But you got to keep your emotions in check,keep a level head,and think before you act. Your semblance is a great fall back,but you can't let yourself rely on it. It won't always save you,obviously". He was referring to her new arm,Yang tried to use her semblance to beat Adam,but he was to strong."You definitely have your moms stubbornness","oh so now we can talk about her"."Well as iv been informed your an adult now remember","well sorry I remind you of her"."Don't be,raven was great in so many ways. Her strength,her ambition,her dedication to whatever cause she thought was worth fighting for. I'm proud of how much I see her in you,but I'm glad I don't see all of her in you". "Why?" "Your mother was,a complicated woman",aren't they all. I made that joke under my breath,"like everybody she had her faults but those faults are what tore our team apart. And they did a real number on her family,you both act like the easiest way to tackle a obstacle is through it. That strength is all that matters in a fight,but if you just take a second look then maybe you see there's a way around as well. Come on one more before dinner",I stood up and stood by the front door. They both were good and were studying each other,"ha see alright,now your using your head instead-". Yang tripped him so he fell back,but she caught his arm before he fell on the ground. I chuckled and jumped onto the roof,after a bit of thinking and talking with Yang at night I decided to fix my helmet. I took in a deep breath and started fixing it,I then looked at it and came up with and idea.

Masons POV
Ren and Nora were helping me stand and walk,Ruby and Jaune made a bed for Qrow so they can carry him in that. Even though I took more damage then he did,since he's older it's hurting him a lot faster then me."Just hold on uncle Qrow",we kept walking on this dirt path as Qrow was talking to the air."He's getting worse","Masons not doing so well either". I'm...f..fine,"how much farther?!" "We gotta be close","without the map there's no way of knowing. But I feel like we're close to something", we then came to a fork in the road. A stand that had the nearest villages names on it pointing either to our left or right,"hey,Hey mistral were not the right path!" "Does it say how close?" N....no,"it looks like the path takes us up through the mountains"."Guys,I don't know if all of us can make that climb","ok well what about this place. Kuroyuri,can we get help there?!" "That village was destroyed years ago","but if it takes us around the mountain it's the best bet we got"."It will take to long","the town would have had a doctor we could scavenge for medicine"."Right!" "Your not going to find anything,we just have to press on!" Ren is a very quiet guy,so this little outburst was very unnerving."Ren why are you acting-","we can split up". "Huh?!" "Ren and I can cut through the mountain while you and Ruby take Qrow and Mason around through the village",actually....I'd l..like to go through the mountain."Mason your to hurt",if Ren says we aren't gonna find anything there then I'm going with him."No were supposed to stay together,to keep everyone safe!" "We don't have time for safe,if we make it to mistral we'll send back help. If we don't we'll at least have a better view of the land,up there we'll see if there's somewhere else we can go!" Qrow then cut through with his coughing,I felt like doing it to but I held it in."Ok,just take care of each other". "We always have",Ruby and Jaune picked up Qrow and walked to the left path. While Nora Ren and I took off trying to run up the path to the mountain,this shouldn't be to bad.