CHAPTER 1

It's the first day of college and Natalie couldn't be more excited. She got accepted to SpringCoast, her dream college. She wakes up earlier than usual, gets out of shower in about ten minutes and picks out her favorite black tee and blue jeans to wear with a brown leather jacket. She ties her blonde hair into a high pony, takes one last look at herself in the mirror before driving off to Laura's place to pick her up. Laura seems to be taking her own sweet time, so Natalie decides to play some music. Then, becoming impatient, she calls up Laura "I'm gonna wait for exactly 60 seconds before I drive away." she says and ends the call. Wearing a blue ruffle dress, Laura arrives just when Natalie is about to drive away.

Laura glares at Natalie as she gets in the car. "Turn the volume down, will you?" she asks rhetorically, as Natalie starts driving.

"What did you say? Can't hear you." Natalie says, rather loudly, in a sarcastic tone. Glaring at her again, Laura turns off the music. So Natalie rolls her eyes, as she tries to turn the music on again.

"Watch out!" Laura shrieks. Becoming alert, Natalie suddenly turns the steering toward left and the car screeches as she applies brakes. She almost rammed her car into the sidewalk.

"That was close." she sighs.

"You wanna get us killed, Natalie?" Laura asks.

"Nope" Natalie replies, casually, as she starts the car. When she tries to turn on the music, Laura swats away her hand,

"Just drive." she commands.

Finally, they reach SpringCoast, one of the best colleges in all of Arindale. Natalie chooses a convenient spot to park her car.

As soon as they get out of the car, "Ooo! We're here!" Laura shrieks so loudly with excitement that the other students turn around to see them.

"Whoa! Calm down there you little bunny." Natalie laughs.

Laura's long, glossy, brunette hair flies as a cool breeze hits them. Even Natalie is sometimes jealous of her hair.

They hear a car screeching near them as it comes to a stop. A blonde, steps out, goes up to them "Is it your car over here?" she asks in an intimidating tone.

"Yes-"

The girl cuts off Natalie with the same tone "You can't park here, the spot's taken." She pauses. "I have never seen you girls around here. You're new?"

"Yeah. I'm Laura and this is Natalie. First day-" Laura tries to answer but the girl cuts her off again "Whatever. Move your ca-"

"Hey! Laura and um... Natalie, right? It's actually our spot but it's okay, you don't have to move your car. Don't mind Helen, she's a little bit cranky today." a guy says, as he steps out of the blonde's car, smiling at them and glaring at her.

"Brian! What the hell are you doing?" Helen yells at him, as Natalie and Laura just stand there staring.

"I hate her." Natalie whispers to Laura.

"They're new, so cut them some slack!", Brian tries to calm Helen down. Groaning, she walks away to park her car elsewhere.

Laura looks at her watch, "Maybe we should go, we don't wanna be late to class."

"See you around then", Brian waves and they leave.

Natalie and Laura find their classroom, and take their seats. "I think uh... Brian seems sweet." Laura says.

"Who?" Natalie asks.

Laura is about to respond when Natalie suddenly exclaims "No way! Is that Jeremy?"

"Wh-What?" Laura asks, following Natalie's gaze.

"That jerk is here?" she clenches her teeth. Laura had dated Jeremy in high school for about an year. She takes a deep breath, "Whatever."

Just then, the bell rings, the professor enters. "Good Morning, class. I'm Mr. Dennison...." he introduces himself and begins to teach.

And soon, the first period ends. "Oh, attention, class. Each of you is paired up here to work on your homework, due next week. The details are put up on the notice board. I promise you all will enjoy doing it." Mr. Dennison announces before he leaves.

Laura goes up to the notice board to see what her homework is about. She comes back stomping, and takes her seat. Natalie notices that Laura is upset and looks at her with concern.

"I'm paired up with Jeremy. Jeremy!" she yells, unfortunately loud enough for Jeremy to hear. He widens his eyes and then curses under his breath.

Natalie tries to calm Laura down. And then she asks "Did you see who my partner is?"

"May be Alex, I don't know." Laura replies flatly.

" Laura replies flatly

Natalie

Laura

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys, this is my first time writing a story. I finally made up my mind to publish it here. I would really appreciate your support and suggestions for improvement.