Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Jonny is really fucking pissed. He hates losing, hates losing at home, hates losing to the Red Wings. Bunch of fucking cheating pussies.

And he really fucking hates the reporters.

"Jonathan, can you tell us your opinion on Sidney Crosby coming out?"

"Jonathan, do you consider Crosby a bad image for the LGBT community?"

"Considering his recent actions, do you still consider Sidney Crosby a valued hockey player?"

"Do you think his scandal is affecting his game?"

"How does it feel having to play with a, quote from Crosby's own father, a 'queer'?"

The vein in Jonny's forehead pops out as he resists the urge to punch the reporter in the face, "How does it feel talking to one, shit face?"

Jonny pushes into the locker room. He ignores all the looks of shock as he changes and showers. He isn't in the mood to deal with this shit right now.

He's dressed in his street clothes in like ten minutes (which is like a record for him). All Jonny wants to do is leave, No more questions, no more accusations, no more hatred. He's done, done with it all.

"Jonny." Kaner's small, worried voice makes Jonny stop and face him, hands buried in his pockets.

" I know what you're going to say," Jonny begins his self rant, "What I did was stupid, reckless, careless. It was inappropriate as a captain, and I shouldn't have done it. Saying what I said was wrong, but I don't regret a damn word of it."

Kaner looks at him with those gorgeous eyes, peircing through Jonny with love and concern. Instead of speaking, Kaner cups Jonny's face and kisses him. Right there, in front of the team (and they just start clapping and hooting, Sharp even yells out 'Get it Pat!').

He doesn't think anything could dampen his mood.

That's until they all go over to Duncan Keith's house to watch the recap of that day's hockey games, just like always.

The Caps play a good game (2-1) against the Rangers. They cover the Blackhawk's loss. The Bruins blew out the Sharks. Tampa Bay actually had a decent game against the Kings, who are doing really good.

Then comes on the Penguins versus Canadiens game.

It's scoreless most of the game. Sidney (unsurprisingly) plays really well, has been all season. All his shots connect, absolutely gorgeous.

Five minutes left in the third quarter. Sidney makes one those beautiful shots to Evgeni that would make anyone swoon. Malkin taps it into the back of the net.

The whole team is so excited. Sidney is modest, throwing his arms up in the air and expecting a big group hug.

That is until Brendon Nash hits the puck and smacks Sidney directly in the face.

Jonny's air catches in his throat as he watches his best friend fall down and not get back up.

Evgeni is on the attack, pumbling Nash's face in. No one makes a move toward him. Neal skates over to Sidney, yelling at the paramedics to hurry up.

Montreal ends up winning two to one.

Jonny squeezes his eyes shut, burying his face into Kane's shoulder and willing himself not to cry.

"The faggot won't be sucking cock now, -eh-?" Nash spits into the reporter's face. Jonny looks up to watch the blood being dried off Brendon's nose before being forced into the medic's room.