To Washington D.C. With Love

Title:

To Washington D.C. With Love

Pairing(s):

Sidney Crosby/Alexander Ovechkin

Johnathan Toews/Patrick Kane

Evgeni Malkin/Nicklas Bäckström

James Neal/Paul Martin

Disclaimer: I own nothing except for the ideas and my mistakes.

Warnings: None of these events actually take place, as you read in the summary. I do insult homosexuals in the up coming chapters. I -- as a homosexual -- do not actually feel like this. None of these thoughts are mine. I have this posted on Archive of our Own as well, under the same username.

Author's note: Please read and enjoy! Comments would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

xx

Chapter 1:

Sidney unlaces his skates and places them in his workout bag. They just finished a horrible 5-1 loss against the Washington Capitals. Luckily it was a road game and not at home. If it was he would be a wreck right now.

"See Sid on plane." Geno touched their foreheads together before leaving. It was really the only acknowledgement he got. He was sort of pissed off considering he scored their goal, but he wasn't going to say anything. The last thing he wanted to do was add insult to injury by making them feel guilty or whatever.

Everyone had already cleared out by the time Sidney willed himself to leave. Luckily he chose to room alone. Wether they win or lose, Sidney always ends up having a bad night for reasons that he'd rather not admit.

Let's just say that it has nothing to do with the ridiculous weather.

The ride back to the hotel is quiet. He tried turning on the radio, but the first thing he heard was about the game, He's surprised he didn't break the knob turning it off.

With his head hung down, he opens his door and closes if behind him before throwing his bag on the ground and sighing.

"Ovechkin, why are you here?" Sid asks, turning to face the Russian on his bed.

"Wanted to talk." Alex mumbles.

He should say no. He should tell him to leave and don't come back. He should tell him to drop his number and just leave him alone, forget about him. Being so close to his big gay crush isn't healthy for his game.

"About what?" He says, impatientally crossing his arms across his chest.

"Sit down first." Alex pats the area next to him.

He shouldn't. He should stay exactly where is. Or he should demand Alex to leave. He should. That would be the smart, logical thing to do.

He sits down.

"What is so important that you couldn't just call me and tell me in the morning like a normal person?" Sid sighs.

"Do you consider this.. friendship?" He uses his hands to gesture the space in between them. Sid rolls his eyes and slaps the palm of his hand onto his forehead.

"It's almost eleven o'clock at night and you guys just kicked our ass. So I'm -really- tired." Sid closes his eyes.

"And you decide to sneak into my room and ask if I'm your -friend-? Wow." Sid opens them back up and looks at Alex, who has a huge grin on his face.

ell, not only question. Just first," Alex says.

Sid snarls at him. He shouldn't answer. He should kick the stupid Russian out of his room and go to sleep. "Well, I guess. Sure." Sid is going to beat the shit out of himself in the morning.