Chapter 5

Notes:

I'm sorry. But this may seem a little boring or dull. And I'm also sorry, because I had to make up an agent for Claude. The only thing I could find thay mention that said Pat was both Sid's and Claude's agent. Correct me if I'm wrong, please do. But for now I just had to make one up. Sorry.

I also updated chapter one. If you read the before march 27th and haven't done it yet, you should. I'm just going to warn you in advance that in this the Penguins haven't won the Stanley Cup yet. So just deal with it.

Also I'm really sorry for not posting in a while. I had to rewrite this several times. This was the best version, so I hope you like it.

Chapter 5:

Waking up to the sound of his phone receiving a call is never a pleasant way to wake up. Especially when that call comes in at -Four in the morning-.

"Sidney. You awake?" Pat asks.

"Am now." Sid groaned into the phone. He rubs his right eye with his wrist and sits up.

"Okay good." Pat sounds nervous, his breathing uneven and his voice just a bit shaky. "Have you made a decision yet?"

"No I haven't." Sid replies.

"Okay. Well I just talked to Giroux and he wants to talk it over tomorrow. Then you and I will have a private conversation with Mario." Pat explains, "What do you want to do? It doesn't have to be a permanent answer right now, but I need to know where your head is at." Sidney hesitates, his head starting to throb with how fast his life has changed.

"I want to come out. And I've got supporters. That doesn't even include the team." Sidney answers. He doesn't know why he says the last part, but it sounded important in his head.

"Good, good. We can uh.. make a list of people who want to personally aid to your.. coming out tomorrow. For now, get some rest. If you change your mind, no one will judge you."

"I appreciate it Pat. Goodnight." Sidney smiles for absolutely no reason.

"Thanks to your crazy ass soap opera life, this is the start of my morning." Pat retorts before hanging up on Sid.

He smiles more. Glad to know somethings can't change your agents.

~

He spends to night mostly tossing and turning and practice feels like hell. The whole team to be avoiding him for no reason.

Well fuck them, Sid repeats in his head as he switches to taking shots on the goal without Flower or Vokoun. It's kind of hard to play by yourself against an imaginary defense.

Desprite times call for desprite measures. And Sidney feels very desprite.

No one jokes around with him or chirp about his awkward skating from last night's restless sleep. They have plenty of fun just joking about each other's whatever. He's even left alone when he waits for everyone else to shower and leave before he takes off his pads. He doesn't understand what their deal is, but whatever. He has enough drama going on right now that he doesn't have the heart or energy to find out.

"Hello Sidney." Is the first thing he hears the instant he steps foot into the meeting room.

The meeting room isn't a very large place. Tan walls, white tile floor. A round table in the center with three chairs. And a screen that would need a projector kept in the back on the wall.

Sidney shakes his agent's outstretched hand with a pleasant of a smile that he can manage. "Pat."

"Please, take a seat and we shall begin." Pat says yawning and sitting down on a chair in the front of the round table.