"Of course I want to save her!" Gray said angrily, gritting his teeth, "I want to apologize to her... It was just like yesterday but... she waited 7 years for me... I can't even begin to think how she was feeling. I was going crazy when she went missing for a few months last time." His voice was trembling, "If possible, I want to get her out right now... I want her right here by my side, smiling and calling my name..."

Zen sighed but it was one with relief, "... I will train you." 

"What?"

"I might be a lot younger than you but I know best what happened in these 7 years. I can train you up to speed quickly."

"... Zen, train us too." Erza suddenly said, "I did not know how you get so strong when you are only 7 years old but it was a fact that you are stronger than us." Everyone nodded in agreement. They acknowledged his strength. 

"Glad to have an understanding here." Zen grinned, "Let's start right away then. I won't go easy on everyone."

There were some who went to train on their own and some followed Zen's rigorous training. But even after all the fighting spirit, thanks to the kind yet unintentional celebration from Lucy's key spirits; they wasted a day inside the Spirit Realm which actually was 2 months outside. They came back to find that it was only 5 days left before the tournament.

Lucy was walking back and forth in her house when everyone was gathering to discuss this crisis. She kept on mumbling, "This is bad... This is bad... This is bad... This is bad-"

"Shut up. It's annoying." Zen said as he entered the room, looking murderously angry for them to disappear 2 months during their training, "I have called for help. This is the only way to get you powered up quickly. Come with me." He said and went off without waiting for the others to follow.

Zen brought them to the forest just at the outskirts of the town. Inside, they met up with Jellal and the gang, "Hi everyone." He greeted.

"Sieg will explain how to power up. Listen carefully." Zen ordered and went to a nearby big rock to sit while waiting for their explanations to finish.

Although it was important, Gray was only half listening. He was preoccupied with the thoughts of who Zen was and why there was this weird feeling that both Zen and Jellal were hiding something from him. It had something to do with Vye for sure. Now that Jellal appeared in front of them again, this really made him thinking.

"Gray, are you listening?" Lucy asked.

"Well... I don't really get it but basically Urtear will open our "Second Origin" with her magic to power up but it will come with lots of pain, right?" Gray said, feeling lucky that he was actually listening to the main part. 

Urtear just sighed, "Then... I will start now." 

After she worked out her magic, every single one of them except for Erza, collapsed on the ground writhing in extreme pain. They could not even move, "Well... It should lessen by tomorrow morning. Good luck." Urtear said. 

"But it was amazing that you didn't feel anything, Erza." Jellal said amazed.

"No, it was nothing. Thanks for your help. I will take care of them." Erza smiled. 

"... Jellal... I need… to talk to you..." Gray said with difficulty, "But... Ugh…"

"I know what you are going to ask but I am not the one who will give you the answer." Sieg replied, “You will understand when Vye is back." 

"... Why?" He asked again.

"... You would prefer hearing from her than me and besides..." Jellal then looked at Zen for a while and then did not continue further, "We will stay till everyone is okay, just in case."

That night, Jellal was sitting alone by the beach side admiring the moon, thinking of someone important to him. He then sighed heavily.

"Jellal?" 

"... Erza. How are the others?" 

"Still the same. Leave them be. They will be fine." She answered and sat beside him, "How are you these years?" 

"It is better than staying in prison, I guess. At least I can atone my sin with Crime Sorciere... I really have to thank Vye for breaking me out of the Council." He smiled, recalling the memories, "She helped me a lot." 

"... I am glad you are fine..." Erza said, "Letting you being taken away like that was my regret... I am sorry." 

"It is not your fault at all." Jellal objected and finally came face to face with her. 

The mood and situation was perfect for them. It was a perfect spot and time for them to make out with each other. Just before their lips touched, Jellal stopped himself. He pushed her away lightly, "I am sorry, Erza... I can't do it..."

"... Is there someone important to you?" She asked 

He nodded silently.

"... Is it Vye?" 

He slowly nodded again without looking at her.

Erza sighed with a smile, "I knew it..."

"... I can't give up on her yet... Not until she gives me her answer..." Jellal explained, “She just had to disappear right after I asked her…” He sighed.

"7 years sure changed a lot of things." Erza said. 

"... If all of you did not disappear... If you did not disappear… Maybe this won't happen... Maybe everything will be different…" He said sadly, "I don't even know how I should feel seeing you back..." 

"I will wait till you settle your feelings. I am not in a hurry anyway." Erza smiled.

"... Thanks." 

Not far from there, Gray was listening. Although his whole body was still in pain from the spell, he forced himself out of bed just to ask him about Vye. But after listening to their conversation, he decided not to. He could understand his feelings. If Vye decided to be with him in the end, he could not blame either of them. 7 years was a long time and it was enough to change a person. 

"... Don't you believe in her?" Zen asked as Gray got back to the camp where they trained.

"Of course I do." Gray replied angrily despite his pain. He had had enough of Zen questioning about his feeling towards Vye, "... But I will respect whatever her choice is. I don't know what happened in these 7 years after all." 

For the first time since Gray saw him, Zen smiled. It made him surprised, "... It seems I can put my trust in you... for now." He said and walked away, making Gray utterly confused.