Chapter 16

I hear a knock on the door as I'm tying my shoelace.

"Coming!" I scream walking to the door.

I open the door to see James, his brown eyes and warm smile greet me. He rakes a hand through his brown hair and shifts his weight from one foot to the other nervously.

"You look beautiful." He says while playing with the hem of his grey shirt.

"How did you know I was in here?" I ask stepping out of the doorway and closing the door behind me.

"The bike gave it away." He says and we start walking to his car.

"So where are we going?" I ask when we get into the car.

"The park." He states.

"The park?"

"The park."

.......................................................................................

"Higher!" I scream.

"You cant get any higher!" James says.

"Not with that attitude you can't." I say enjoying the wind on my face.

I slow down until I eventually, James sits on the swing next to mine. Our eyes lock and I find myself getting lost in his eyes.

But like all lovely month in my life it was interrupted. This time by my phone.

I break eye contact to see Levi was calling me. Asshole, he knows I have a date now.

"He like you a lot." James says.

"What?"

"I don't know why I thought I had a chance, you like him too." He says, he's right I do like Levi.

"I'm sorry, but if it's any constellation, I had a great time tonight." I say.

"Let me take you home."

.......................................................................................

When I got home I see Levi sitting on my doorstep, when he sees me he gets up.

"Emma I-" He starts but I don't let him finish.

"Lets not do this out here, get inside." I say with no emotion.

Once he's inside I close the door and start yelling.

"What the hell were you thinking! You knew I was on a date. Why would you do that!?" I say and he looks at the ground.

"I don't know." He says.

"Bullshit! You knew exactly why." I say loudly.

"I can't say." He says.

"Why?" I say angrily.

"Because I'm scared! Scared of how I feel, I've never felt this way before and it scares me." He says and my breath catches in my throat.

"I thought bad boys never got scared?" I say taking a step towards him.

"Well a bad girl made me scared." he says quietly.

I quickly close the space between us, my hands going into his hair and my lips going onto his.