The Great Escape

Elliot's POV
Hi, I'm Elliot Black. I'm eight years old. I have two brothers named Sirius and Regulus, although your probably not supposed to have a favorite sibling, mine is definitely Sirius. Parents are not supposed to have a favorite child either but my parents do, Regulus. I don't really like some of the things they do and neither does Sirius, they are mean. My brother, Sirius is 15 and Regulus is 14. It was eight in the morning, Mom and Dad were at work by now and Regulus and Sirius were still asleep. I however just woke up and was definitely ready for breakfast. I pull back my covers back and sit up. I slip on my pink slippers and creak open my door. I walk down the stairs very quietly, I didn't want to wake up Regulus and Sirius. I got to the kitchen and pulled the toaster out of the pantry. I got out four pieces of toast and started to make breakfast. I wanted to make Sirius something because he always makes breakfast for me and I feel bad that he wakes up extra early to make it for me. Even if he burns it everything every time. Last night I turned off his alarm clock so he wouldn't wake up although I bet he wakes up relatively early anyways. In two minutes there was four pieces done. I got strawberry jam and started to put it on the four pieces.
"What are you doing?" I hear a voice from the hall. I turn and there is Sirius standing in the doorway with a smile on his face and his eyebrows up.
"Making breakfast." I say simply.
"As much as I love it, which I do and strawberry jam but are we just going to have toast?" He asks smiling even more.
"And milk?" I question.
"Elliot, thank you but I'll make bacon too." He says walking over to the refrigerator.
"Did you turn off my alarm?" He asks while putting the bacon into a pan with a sizzle.
"I wanted you to sleep in, I feel bad." I say.
"I sleep in on the weekends." He states.
"Not really, Mom wakes you up an hour later." I say.
"Oh well." He says.
"Sirius, are muggles bad?" I ask. I see him stiffen.
"No they are not." He says.
"What about mudbloods?" I ask using the language I heard mom say.
"Muggleborns, are just like us and I don't want to hear the word mudblood come out of your mouth again." He states.
"Okay, but then why did mom use it if it's bad?" I ask.
"Wallburga, has different views, that in my opinion is disgusting." He says.
"Mom is disgusting did you see her hair the other day? It was all greasy and she smelled!" I say which makes him laugh.
"It reminds me of a boy at my school named Severus Snape. He has really greasy hair, my friends and I call him Snivelous!" Which makes me start to laugh causing the milk to spray out of my mouth.
"You think that's funny?" He asks putting bacon on my plate. I nod which makes him smile even more.
"So what are we going to do today?" He asks me as he sits down next to me.
"I want to go to the park but, Mom wouldn't want me to do that." I say to him glumly.
"What Mom doesn't know, won't hurt her." He says. Which makes me smile. That day we go to the park where I play with a boy that looks around my age there. Then we came home and I went to my room and read a picture book called, The Three Little Pigs. I here the front door open and close then here talking. A little while later we are being called to dinner.
"So, what did you do today?" Dad asks to know one in particular.
"I read." Said Regulus.
"So did I!" I say excitedly.
"Your books don't count." Mum says.
"Yes they do!" I say defensively.
"Picture books don't count when they only have a few words on the page!" She says.
"They are still books and it's a start." Sirius says.
"I don't understand why you don't read the other books you have, you are smart enough." She says.
"Those books are so boooorrrring! I know how, I just don't want to read them." I say. Sirius is smiling into his cup.
"I don't want you reading those books anymore, they are stupid. They are probably some muggle books, which I still can't figure out how you get your hands on." She says. I get them from the library when your at work, I thought.
"Who cares that they are muggle? They are so interesting!" I say. Sirius looks proud for some reason.
"Muggles are filth and below us!" She says angrily.
"Wallburga, they are just books." Sirius says because he notices Mums tone and didn't want her mad at me.
"I suppose you are the one teaching her that muggles aren't trash?! I suppose you are also saying that mudbloods are equal to us?!" She is now screaming.
"YES, MOTHER I AM! YOUR VIEWS ARE DISGUSTING!" Sirius says now yelling.
"THAT'S IT!! UP TO YOUR ROOM! I'LL DEAL WITH YOU LATER!" She yells at Sirius. He gets up and walks out.
"And you! You better not be such of a disappointment as your brother or I'm going to lose my head!" She yells at me.
"I think you already did." I mumble but apparently she heard me.
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" She screams.
"No, I'm Elliot." I say, laughing in my head.
"GET OUT!" She yells at me.
"Wash your hair it's disgusting, you slimball!" I yell as I run off up the stairs and into me room. I sat in my bed and cried for about 20 minutes but then realized it was useless to cry and stopped myself. Then my door opens to reveal Mum and Sirius.
"Come, you are being punished." She said coldly. I walked out and looked up at Sirius, he gave me a reassuring smile. We walked down the stairs and saw dad was there too.
"Sirius is being punished for teaching you lies and being a bad influence and you are going to watch, for listening to this bad influence!" She yells. Dad grabs my arms and makes my head look right at Sirius. Before I had time to react, Mum had pointed her wand at Sirius.
"NOOO!!!" I screamed at her as I kick my legs trying to break out of dads arms.
"CRUICO!" She yells. I see Sirius crumbling in agony and screaming. I am screaming for her to stop and my eyes are like a waterfall. After about four minutes of on and off with the spell she stops, however it seemed like hours.
"This is what happens to bad children. Don't be next." She says coldly facing me. Dad lets go of me and I run to Sirius. He looks at me and gives me a half smile, to signals he will be fine.
"Up to your room, Eliot!" She hisses. I look at Sirius who nods. I turn back and walk up the stairs. I go to my room, change into pajamas, and fall asleep crying. I have a nightmare of what I saw earlier today. I wake with a start with Sirius over me. He frantically whispering to me to wake up. He doesn't look good.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"I will be. Now come on, quickly." He says. I look confused at him.
"Pack." He says. I nod but remain confused. I grab my stuffed animal bunny that I have had for years. Sirius gave it to me for Christmas during his first year. "Here put a set of close in here." He says motioning to his backpack. I nod and put in some close and a pair of sneakers. "Put on your coat it's cold at night." He says. I nod and go to my closet where my coat is. I put it on then look at him. "Are you ready to go?" He ask.
"Go where?" I ask him.
"Anywhere but here." He says. I nod and grab my bunny from his hand. He picks me up and walks out the door to the landing. He starts to go down the stairs.
"Watch out, that one creeks!" I yell in a whisper.
"I know." He says. I see a flicker of a smile then we reach the bottom stair and open the the front door slowly. He walks for awhile and I start to get sleepy.
"How far are we walking?" I question.
"Not too much farther, I just need to get us to the train station. From there we are going to James' town. We will see if we can stay there." He says. I nod at remembering him say James, is his friend. I start to fall asleep again.
Sirius' POV
I wince at thinking of what took place earlier. I have been walking for about two hours now, Ellie is asleep as I carry her. I stop and pull her blanket out of my bag. I grabbed it last second while she was getting her coat from her closet. I wrap it around her and kept walking. I kept thinking about earlier. She stood up for herself against Mom and stood up for muggles. I couldn't be more proud but I was more worried. I knew Elliot would be in serious trouble. I decided to take most the tension off of her and put it on me knowing I'll get the worst. It was the worst I have ever felt I'm my life. It felt like I was burning and being stabbed. I still felt awful but that was easing and all I could think of was Elliot. She had to watch me get tortured. I couldn't get the scene of her screaming for mother to stop and seeing the tears wash down her face. I kept walking and soon could see the lights of the train station. It was just pass five in the morning and the first trains leave at six. I walk in and order two tickets. I get a few glances from people but ignored it. I got to where we would board the train and sat on one of the benches waiting. It rolled in a few minutes later and I boarded. It took off a little early at 5:45 instead of six but I wasn't complaining. It was only about an hour train ride and I couldn't fall asleep for anything. About a hour and fifteen minutes later it rolled to a stop. I picked Elliot up and walked off. I started walking to James. He gave me his address two years ago if anything went 'that bad'. It was 7:05 when I got to their gate. I pushed it open and walked up to the Potter's door. I knocked. Then I knocked again louder. It felt like hours but I knew it was only a few minutes before James opened the door.
"James..." I say at him.
James' POV
I woke up and here pounding on the door. I looked at my alarm clock and it read 7:06. Mom and dad would have left already so that left me to get the door.
"Who the bloody hell would pound on someone's door at this hour?" I mumble to myself as I roll out of bed. I walk down the stairs and open the door as I scratch my head.
"James..." I hear once I open the door. I look up to see Sirius and what must be his sister. She was wearing pajamas, a coat, pink slippers, and holding a bunny. She was asleep in Sirius' arms with a blanket wrapped around her. Sirius looks awful. He's pale and looks very tired.
"What the hell are you still doing on my porch? Come in!" I say smiling. He gives me a half smile.
"Thank you, James." He says as he walks in.
"Now, what happened?" I ask because I knew he wouldn't come to my house if it weren't serious.
"It's bad. It's really bad." He says. I nod.
"You look tired, I'll show you your rooms." I say not saying anything else on the matter. It doesn't look like he wants to tell me about it right now and he will when he is ready. I go to my floor. Across from mine is an empty room which he can have and next to it is another empty room which Elliot can have.
"Here mate. You can have that one and Elliot can have the one next to it. That's mine." I say pointing to the different rooms.
"Thank you mate." He says as he walk in the room for Elliot. He returns without her and walks into his. I follow.
"There's extra blankets and pillows in the closet. Tell me if you need anything. My parents just left for work so I'm going to go owl them." I say. He nods and says thanks again. I cross the hall and start to write to them.
Dead Mum and Dad,
Sirius is here and so is Elliot, his sister. He showed up a few minutes after you left, I think. He looks awful. I know he wouldn't come if it wasn't bad considering he hasn't come before and I first talked to him about it in our third year. He is asleep in the room across from me and so is Elliot in the room next to his. Can he stay please. He can't go back there.
James
I fold up the letter and sent it off with our family owl. I was about to go back to sleep when I hear a creek coming from the hallway. I walk over to my door and poke my head out. I see Elliot in the doorway of her room. I smile at her and walk out. She doesn't look good either.
"Sirius is in that room." I say to her, she nods.
"Would you like breakfast? I'm James, by the way." I say. She nods again.
"The kitchen is this way, follow me." I say. She starts to walk so I turn and go down the stairs.
"Mel?" I yell. My house elf appears in front of me bowing.
"Yes, Master James?" She asks.
"Can you make us some breakfast please?" I ask kindly.
"Yes, of course. What would you like?" She asks. I turn to Elliot.
"What would you like?" I ask her. She shrugges.
"Pancakes?" She asks. I smile.
"Mel, would you please make us pancakes?" I ask.
"Yes, Master James!" She says happily.
"Elliot, would you like to watch cartoons while we wait?" I ask. She smiles and nods.
"We don't have a tv. Mother says it's too much like muggles." She says.
"Well then if you have never watched anything before I doubt you know what the best shows are. I suggest either the Flinstones, Pink Panther, Pop Eye the Sailor Mam, Tom and Jerry, or Scooby Doo." I say to her smiling. She smiles too.
"What is your favorite?" She asks me.
"I'm going to have to say Scooby Doo, but I don't know what is on right now." I say.
"Oh well. Hopefully one of the ones you said will be on." She says. I smile and turn on the tv. We watched cartoons for about 15 minutes before we were called in for breakfast.
"Thank you, Mel." I say to our house elf.
"Ya thanks!" Elliot says.
"You are very welcome." Mel says before leaving.
"Your house elf is so nice!" She says. I'm surprised.
"What do you mean? The Noble House of Black, surly has a house elf." I say jokingly.
"We do but it hates us. We never ask him if he will make us something because we are afraid he will spit into Sirius and I's food or something of the sort." She says. I laugh. She puts two pancakes on her plate and covers them in syrup.
"Do you have enough syrup?" I ask her sarcastically.
"I think so." She says. I don't think she registered my sarcasm. After we finished we watched more cartoons and played board games. It was around seven at night when Sirius walked down the stairs. He saw Elliot and I eating dinner which was pizza. Sirius walked right over and grabbed a piece.
"Of course you can have some pizza, Sirius." I say sarcastically to him.
"Thanks." He says through a mouthful. I laugh as I take another bite.
"Mum and Dad said you guys can stay and that you don't ever have to go back if you don't want to." I say to him. He smiles.
"Thank you very much." He says.
"No problem." I say.
"So what have you done today Elliot?" He asks his sister.
"We watched cartoons and played board games. Also their house elf is so nice and wouldn't spit in the food!" She says excitedly. Sirius laughs and I just smile.
"What are we going to do tonight?" I ask them.
"Can we watch a movie?" Elliot asks.
"Of course!" I say. After dinner we went over to the tv and started to watch the Wizard of Oz. We were about 45 minutes into it when I notice Elliot is asleep on Sirius shoulder. Sirius turns the tv off and looks at me.
"James..." He starts.
"Dude, its fine." I say. He nods and smiles.
"It's bad. Really really bad." He says again.
" What happened?" I ask.
"She stood up to Wallburga and said muggles weren't 'bad'. She also said something else but she was mumbling so I couldn't here. Mom got mad and as she stormed off she yelled at her to take a shower. I was so proud but I knew we were going to be in deep shit." He says. I nod.
"They used crucio as a punishment on me." He says in a whisper.
"WHAT?!" I yell. He puts his finger to his lips to shush me.
"It's fine, James. It's happened before." He says.
"WHAT?!" I say again.
"James, shush!" He says. I nod my head so he would continue.
"It happened when I was ten and again when I was twelve." He says. I open my mouth to yell again but he puts his hand over it.
"Ya, it felt awful all those times and I'm still in a little bit of pain from yesterday but this time it was worse. They made Elliot watch and then threatened to do it to her. I couldn't stay, I'm so sorry!" He says, I notice his cheeks are a little wet from silent tears.
"God, Sirius! You idiot! Why didn't you come sooner?!" I yell at him.
"God, James be quiet!" He yells back but he's smiling.
"But James, what am I going to do when I go back to school? She can't go back there." He says. I shrug.
"Write to Dumbledore. See what he thinks, see if she can go with us." I suggest.
"I don't know mate that seems like a long shot." He says.
"Well still see what he thinks." I say.
"Ya, I'll do that tomorrow." He says.
"And if she can't, she can just stay here." I say.
"I doubt your parents would want an eight year old running around the house, you were probably a hand full enough." He says.
"Thank you. Thank you sooo much!" I say sarcastically.
"And they work." Sirius points out.
"Mel can watch her during the day." I say.
"I can't ask them to do that. They are already doing enough." He says. I shrug. Then he gets up and picks up Elliot too. He carries her upstairs then comes down without her.
"Wanna play exploding snap?" I ask.
"Sure." He says. We played a few games of exploding snap then we talked. We talked to my parents and explained the situation. They said they would love to have them here, so that's good.