She started to walk back to the door and I again told her to wait. I still wanted to know if she was a vampire or not. But I didn't want to directly ask the question. So I tried to do what people call beat-around-the-bush.

"So, you work for the prince?" I asked.

"Yes."

She gets right to the point. Doesn't she?

"How long have you been working for the prince?"

"I don't feel comfortable answering that question," She replied. I thought that if she said it was a short amount of time she would be a human, but a long amount would be a vampire. But because she didn't answer I don't know. And I don't want to pressure her, too much.

"Do you give food to everyone in the castle?"

"No."

That was interesting.

"So you only work for me?" My human question went away as this seemed to spark my interest a little bit more. She didn't reply this time and only nodded. "So are you-" I was about to ask another question, but she cut me off with an outburst of her own.

"Yes, I'm your servant! Is that what you have been trying to get me to say! Are you happy now! Are you trying to show that you are the dominant one! That you are so much better than me because you are in a high up class!" I was taken back and tried to absorb the information I had just been told. That's not what I was trying to do at all. But now that I learned this, I wanted to learn more.

"Wait, let me get this right: You are my servant?"

Why do I need a servant? And more importantly why was this girl so mad at me?

"Yes! I know you already know this! Stop playing dumb! Why do all vampires have to make humans feel like filth?"

She thought I was a vampire? So my previous question did get answered. She isn't a vampire.

After the yelling she calmed down and started to back away from me. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. Please don't hurt me. I promise it will not happen again. When she looked up and her brown eyes met mine her eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Why are you not pale?"

I laughed. She thought I was a vampire, just like I thought she was one.

She gave me a strange look and then because I didn't answer her question, she asked me another one, "Are you a special type of vampire? Because you don't seem to want to cut my throat out like they usually do."

I started to laugh more. I don't think I looked like a special vampire at all.

I think I laughed more then I have if you combined the last two years of my life. Except for the time where Greg tripped over his shoelace and fell when he thought that a vampire was coming back to the house we were just at. That was my first year with him, and the first time I tried to escape. I still remember when he caught up to me and said that I would be responsible for hic concussion. I still roll my eyes at his remark; He did not have a concussion.

When my laughing started to decrease I finally responded, "No I am not a special type of vampire, nor am I a vampire at all."

"Are you the prince's beloved?" She asked.

Her question surprised me. I thought only his family knew about Trent and I being beloveds. But I guess she knew because she is my servant.

Ugh, I hated that word: servant. A servant is a person that performs duties for someone else. I was a servant to Greg carrying out his commands. I don't want the girl in front of me to have to do everything that I say. But maybe even though she was my servant someone else was telling her what to do. And I knew what that feels like to be controlled. If I could I would just send her home. But only the person who brought her here could take her back, because she was their responsibility.