Chapter 8

Niall’s P.O.V.

“HARRY, DO SOMETHING!!” I shout

“I-I-I” Is all that comes out of his mouth

I run over to Dani in lighting speed, kneel down next to her. I caress her face, moving her brown locks out of her face.  The knife is sticking out of the side of her stomach. She’s losing to much blood.

“LOUIS CALL AN AMBULANCE!!” I yelled

Louis rushed to the pay phone, at the side of the parking lot.

It all happened in a blur, the sirens, the ambulance. The paramedics, rushing over and putting Dani on a stretcher, carrying her into the ambulance. I didn’t even feel myself hope in the back of the ambulance. I can’t stop staring at Dani, her beautiful face, with flushed red cheeks, are now just pale. She won’t open her eyes, so I can see those beautiful big brown orbs of hers.

I can’t take seeing her like this.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

I can’t believe it. My brain just doesn’t want to. But when he stabbed her, it caught everyone off guard, but Niall was the first one to rush to her. Even when Niall yelled at Harry, he just stood there. I don’t know if he was in complete shock, or if he didn’t know what to believe, or who to trust.

But I don’t know why he didn’t be the first one by her side, when he grabbed her around the neck. He should’ve been by her side from the start, but he wasn’t. He hasn’t seen his dad in four years, yeah I know he hasn’t seen Dani either but they texted, called, Skyped, they told each other everything, everyday for all four years. But his dad never even called, not once. If I was him, I would have trusted Dani, I mean Harry and Dani’s relationship is something too valuable to just throw away.

I swear if she lives, I’m going to have a serious talk with Harry.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I don’t know why I did it. I don’t know why I didn’t help her, I just stood there, too shocked to move. As I stared into her eyes, as she lay on her death bed. I saw all the hurt, rejection, sadness, just by looking into her eyes. She needed help, she needed me. But I just watched her die, right in front of my eyes. I don’t know what to do with myself. Why is life so complicated? Why can’t it just be an easy ride. Instead it’s bumpy as hell.

I leaned my head on Louis’ shoulder.

“It’s going to be ok, Harry” He comforted

“No it’s not Lou, she’s going to die, all because of me” I cried

“STOP Harry, just stop!!” Niall and Zayn shout in unison

“Stop blaming yourself, and she WILL make it through, she’s tough” Niall corrected

After that little conversation, the whole car ride was silent.

*At Hospital*

They carried her to the emergency room.

Cold. Sterile. Basic. Functional
Faded walls with streaks where it had been cleaned. Ditto with the checked linoleum on the floor. Plenty of room to move about, but nowhere to get comfortable.

Smells like sterile equipment, sounds like nurses dashing to save lives, I see people so vulnerable. Families anticipating, to see if their loved one will make it.

This is what the hospital is like, when your waiting for someone you love to come waltzing through those double doors. But I know, she won’t. I have been the worst brother in the whole world, if there was an award for worst person and brother, I would win.