CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS

Start from the beginning

"Puzzle?" I questioned "my mom and I are having a little stand off, so to release some overwhelming tension I'm going clubbing. Whenever I went clubbing back in New York I always had, my celeb friend, that's Josie. My best gay, Kevin. Arm candy, Reggie. And my number one best friend, you"

"Well, Veronica I'd be honoured" I smirked, she grinned giving me a tight hug "this is going to be so much fun" she said. "What about Betty?" I asked "I think she's a little to preoccupied to go partying right now" V said.

"I'm not going to disagree there" I said.

---------

I walked into my house, Marcus's car was outside signalling he was home. I have to finish our conversation from yesterday, I need to know what dad threatened him with.

I made my way upstairs, I walked across the hall to his door. I knocked but he didn't give me an answer. I opened it seeing he was lying in bed wrapped in blankets, the blinds shut enveloping him in darkness.

"Marcus?" I called out gently, he jumped awake unwrapping the blankets from his body. He sat up and looked to me "Anna, hey" he said.

"It's three o'clock in the afternoon" I said giving him a look "I'm trying to set a record" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at before walking to his window, I opened the blinds letting the light in. He groaned pulling the blankets over his eyes, I smirked pulling the down from his face.

"Time to get up" I said, "why?" He groaned.

"Because we didn't finish our conversation yesterday" I said, his face became emotionless as he looked at me. "Tell me what he threatened you with" I asked.

Marcus fidgeted before fulling sitting up, "he told me that if I ever tried to get back together with Cheryl, he'd hurt you".

My eyebrows furrowed "and you believed him?" I asked "yes, this isn't the first time he's threatened me with hurting you or Lena"

"What other time was it?" I asked my tone serious, "dad used to threaten me whenever I said I'd tell someone about him, he said he'd hurt Lena" he said "I told uncle Ryan, dad ended up finding out about it and the next day Lena was lying at the bottom of the steps. Dad had pushed her, how I know. Because when Lena was being taken away by the ambulance he whispered in my ear 'keep your mouth shut next time'"

I covered my mouth at what he said, our dad hurt Lena. He pushed her down a flight of stairs and hurt her, "does mom know about this?" I asked.

He shook his head fumbling with his fingers, he always did that when he was nervous. "Marcus" I said grasping his fingers, "do you still love Cheryl?"

He didn't answer right away, he paused for a few moments and looked down to his fingers. "I still love her" he whispered. He asked me to leave after that, and I did. I began to close the door but I stopped and looked at him.

"Marcus, you can still be with Cheryl. Dad can't touch us now" I said before closing the door.

I made my way into my room closing the door, I sat on my bed and took off my boots. I took my hair out of its ponytail and let it hang loosely around my shoulders. Then my eyes locked onto the picture I took of Jughead and I. I printed it out and stuck it to my mirror.