Barry Allen-Confession

Barry's POV:

"Why does she have to be so perfect?" I asked myself as Y/N rambled on and on about Iris's surprise birthday party. To be honest, I wasn't really listening. I simply couldn't, she is too distracting. A couples nods and hums of agreement made her realize that I wasn't paying attention and she snapped in front of my face.

"Barry? Are you even listening to me? You keep spacing out. I can't decide on everything by myself," she said running a hand through her hair.

I quickly shot out of my thoughts and back into reality, "I'm sorry Y/N, what's wrong?" I asked.

"We need a place for the party and not Joe's house," she replied. She continued to think about where else the party could happen when she noticed me staring.

"Barry," she said waving a hand in front on my face. "Are you sure you're okay, you keep zoning out."

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked.

Y/N POV:

"Barry, we're already talking," I said back. I was beginning to grow curious of what he wanted to talk about.

"Y/N, I've known you practically my entire life, and you have done so much for me, and I could never repay you for that. Me getting over Iris, being so distant, and secretive, you never got mad at me once. You said that I was doing what I needed to, and you never pushed me into anything. But, I've realized as I went through all of that I..." he stopped talking and looked up to see me staring at him with tears in my eyes. His green eyes meeting mine in a gaze, he reached out and took both of my hands in his.

"You what Barry?" I asked watching as he intertwined our fingers.

"I realized that I am completely, totally, utterly, and undeniably in love with you Y/N," he finished. I had not noticed how close our lips were to each other until I felt his warm breath against mine. I stood completely silent, overjoyed, and in shock.

"I-I," I couldn't find the right words in the moment to express the feelings that I was feeling in this moment. So instead, I leaned in and kissed him passionately, our lips connected, moving perfectly in sync.

We finally released each other, and when we did we both stood there, both trying to regain our breath. He stared deeply into my eyes, I couldn't help but think that this was all a dream, and utterly perfect dream might I add.

"I love you too," I managed to say before our lips connected once more.