Chapter 2

Oliver's office looked out onto the beautiful city that is New York. Some may say he was handed everything to him due to his father being rich, but he worked just as hard as anyone else to get where he is today. Oliver closed his eyes and took a deep breath in, momentarily forgetting the money troubles that his father had put him in charge of fixing. 

A clearing of the throat accompanied by a knock at the open door snapped Oliver out of his daydream. 

Damn.

Infront of him stood a 5.5" elegant lady in a fitting blouse and pencil skirt which cut just above the knee exposing a modest amount of her tanned legs. Her hair was in loose golden ringlets sat on her shoulders and her face was defined and striking with full lips and beautiful hazel eyes.

"Hello." her voice was shaky at first but she adjusted her posture and spoke with confidence "My name is Alisha Tate, I'm Barnabal Tate's daughter. He told me to come and speak to you regarding helping eachother with our businesses."

Oliver cocked an eyebrow whilst standing behind his desk, seeing a beautiful woman made his male instincts kick in, in any situation but he'd never seen beauty quite as stunning as this. 

"Oh, I can certainly help you with something sweetheart. It would most definately be our business."

At first, Alisha was shocked at how unprofessional and self-assured this man was but this was not the first time she'd dealt with arrogant men and she soon regained her composure.

"I think sales figures will be enough for today don't you Mr.Abrams?" she said it in a light-hearted manor but had an audible tone of warning that she wasn't interested in him.

Sensing this, he smirked and strode forwards to where Miss. Tate was still stood in the doorway and held out his hand. 

"Please, call me Oliver."

Not wanting him to feel like he'd intimidated her, she stepped forwards and met his surprisingly soft hand.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Mr.Abrams we have been sat here for half an hour now and you still have made no contribution to this discussion whatsoever when I am trying my best to save our businesses!"

Alisha was beginning to loose her patience, after sitting down,  the only thing she had heard from his mouth was him barking orders at some poor 18 year old assistant for some tea. 

She was there to talk to him about the money problems they both had. Both of them were trying to help their fathers, so why had he spent their whole time together sat in silence grinning like a chesire cat whilst she suggested all of the ideas?

She couldn't let her father down, he put his blood sweat and tears into this company whilst juggling a family. He gave her so much and expected so little in return. She was determined to sort this out for him, even if she had to force Oliver  Abrams to talk.

"Oliver." the short sentence startled her, she'd almost forgotten what his voice sounded like.

"Excuse me?"

"Call me Oliver."

"Mr. Abrams, I met you half an hour ago and you spoke about one sentence to me, I will continue to call you by your surname until I am well enough aqquainted with you to call you by your first."

A warm chuckle that would make some girls weak at the knees erupted through his body, making her frown with frustration before pushing her chair out and walking towards the exit.

"Alisha, where are you going?"

"I am going back to my company to tell my father that I cannot possibly work with a man whom is so informal, unprofessional and refuses to utter a single useful word. Good day Mr.Abrams."

Oliver tried to make his laughter subside before she left, so that he could talk to her in what she would deem as a 'professional' manner.

"Miss.Tate, I apologise if I have angered you. There is a cafe across the road from here that I know well, I will meet you in there in 10 minutes with all the necessary figures to begin making our plans."

Alisha simply nodded and muttered an 'okay', leaving an amused Oliver behind, wondering just how far he would have to push her in order for her to blow her top. He imagined her being even more attractive once she's all fired up. He couldn't attempt this just yet though as he did need her help with the company and if he ever wanted an excuse to see her again, he couldn't over-anger her on their first meeting.

************************************************************************************************************

How are you guys finding the story so far? Let me know! The picture on the side is a picture of Oliver.

shelivesinyou_