Chapter 1

"Sweetheart can you come in here please?"

"Hey Papa, what's wrong?" Alisha Tate ran into her father's office, alarmed by the tone of voice which he had used to summon her. 

"I have some bad news Alisha, sales are down at the moment. At this rate we aren't making enough to pay all our staff their full wages and run the business. As you know, my heart isn't what it used to be and the doctor has told me if I take it upon myself to save this company, it could be very dangerous to my health. I'm taking a months break and, I hate to ask you this Alisha but will you try to rescue it for me?" A hint of shame and sadness crept into Barnabal's voice.

"Papa, of course I will don't worry about a thing, what do you want me to do?"  Alisha chirped, desperately trying to cheer her father up.

"The comapny that we share the building with, Abram's & Co seem to be struggling aswell at the minute. William Abram is a good friend of mine and his son now runs the business for him but times are tough for us all and William and I have decided to tie some of our links together in attempt to salvage the businesses. Please,  Alisha, will you go over there and talk to Oliver Abrams and try to find out a way to help us both. I know we're in safe hands with you mi princesa."

Alisha straightened and subconciously smoothed down her black pencil skirt, trying to make herself appear even more professional than she was for her father's sake. She silently kissed the weary looking man on the head and flashed him a million dollar smile, before picking up the folders that contained the company information and heading off to Abrams & Co.