when the dust clears, namjoon glances worriedly at hoseok, who is wide-eyed and trembling in terror, before sighing softly and thinking to himself, you really screwed up, hobi.

yoongi is hanging his tattered backpack in his cubby, pulling it over the big, metal hook with a small groan of strength. he runs his little fingers over the wrinkles on the sides, trying his best to straighten the bag out. he sets his folders into the cabinet at the top and his lunchbox at the very bottom. he lets a cute, but fake gummy smile as he observes his new, neatly-organized space.

until suddenly an unwanted visitor creeps up behind him, taps his shoulder, and nearly gives yoongi a heart attack.

yoongi stifles a scream, turns and sees who it is, then instead gasps irritably.

goshdarnit hoseok. i was finally starting to forget you existed.

hoseok starts, "i'm sorr—"

then yoongi screams incredibly loudly so he can't hear hoseok's heartfelt apology.

"yoonie liste—"

yoongi continues screeching at the top of his lungs as he turns on his heel and runs away from the boy.

"jung hoseok? is that you screaming?" the teacher questions irritably before quickly noticing the fleeing yoongi. "min yoongi?! making noise? moving? since when?"

an exhausted hoseok languidly slumps into his seat after giving up trying to chase after the runaway boy. he shakes his head with a saddened look and shrugs at the teacher.

the teacher observes hoseok's upset-seeming stance and teary eyes. she blinks a few times before sighing and mumbling to herself, "my, my, min yoongi and jung hoseok have clearly switched moods today."

after school has ended, yoongi quickly exits the classroom, head down and eyes focused on the deep cracks of the concrete pavement. he watches his feet step, the strides small and weak. he didn't feel nearly as strong as he did that morning.

a hand suddenly seizes his arm and yoongi nearly punches the person (thinking it was hoseok.) but, to his relief, it was only namjoon.

"what," yoongi grunts, slightly annoyed. before he can reply, the two boys spot the dreary-looking hoseok pass by. yoongi grits his teeth. namjoon notices this and shakes his head disapprovingly.

"c'mon yoon," namjoon sighs, "it was only an accident, hobi didn't—"

"stop."

namjoon rolls his eyes. "forgive. you'll start missing him, i know."

"whatever," yoongi grumbles, averting his eyes away from his friend. hoseok doesn't care anyway.

of course, just when yoongi thinks hoseok was going to ignore him too, the boy turns around, his entire depressing aura gone and his smile shining brightly like the sunshine he was.

"bye squishy!" he laughs and waves happily at yoongi.

yoongi nearly scoffs angrily at this, appalled that hoseok had the audacity to even treat him this way. but under the hot red anger he possessed, a small part of himself was puzzled to how hoseok didn't even hesitate to call him the cute, friendly nickname.

"don't call me squishy!" yoongi yells angrily, huffs and storms off.

"b-but.." hoseok stutters, fresh tears welling up in his eyes. he chokes back a small cry as he tries to blink the tears away and fails, producing a waterfall of pitiful droplets down his cheeks.

"oh no," namjoon says as he notices the boy's tear-streaked face, "goshie hobi, don't cry." he comforts the weeping boy and gently hugs him.

"h-he'll never love me again!" hoseok wails.

"aw hobi don't say that," namjoon says. "he'll come back. trust me, he misses you already."

hoseok shakes his head and buries his head in namjoon's shoulder. namjoon softly pats his head as a little sign passes through his lips.

the sun will always come back after the rain...

sooooope!
thx ren for helping me write 💞💞