2.6 | Reality

Sierra's POV

Rylee was quiet from the time I picked her up until we reached my house, something that was unusual for my girlfriend when we were in the car together. She usually sang along to songs on the radio or talked to me about how things were going in the studio, but tonight neither of those happened. Once we were inside, I offered food and drinks to Rylee but she simply shook her head, "Can we talk first? I really need to get this off my chest."

"Where do you want to talk?"

My girlfriend bit her lip and fiddled with the hem of her shirt before she suggested, "your room?"

I nodded and took Rylee's hand, silently leading her towards my room where we would be able to talk without interruptions from my family. Whatever Rylee needed to tell me, it seemed important and something she did not want everyone to know. It wasn't long before we were both on my bed, backs to the headboard while holding each other. Silence surrounded us while I waited for the girl in my arms to talk about what was causing her change in mood. 

"I have depression and anxiety, and at times, self harm issues. The hate I've been getting from people online has caused my mood to drop a lot lately and people have been coming to my work this past week just to spew hate at me. It got so bad that my boss sent me home an hour after I got there and said that I should take some time of to calm down. My doctor sent my boss a note about my panic attacks, depression and anxiety so that I could get some time off without getting in trouble. 

"A few days ago, around the time I tweeted about the hate I was getting, I had a really bad mood drop when I was home alone. I didn't self harm, but I wanted to. I really wanted to," Rylee whispered, her grip on my hand tightening. "To distract myself I started going through music on youtube, watching the videos that artists had, when I came across some of your music. I just kept listening to and watching your music videos, replaying them over and over again until my thoughts weren't so negative. I wanted to tell you before my mood went down too far and something bad happened. You mean a lot to me."

My hand unwound itself from Rylee's so that I could turn her face towards me without making her move out of my arms, "You mean a lot to me too, Rylee. I'm really glad that you told me, you never need to worry about me thinking less of you because of this. Whenever you need me, I'm here for you, okay? If your mood ever drops too far again, call me. I'll even come to your house if you need me to. 

"As for my so called fans that are sending you hate, I'll try and get them to stop but they don't seem to be listening. The others in the band are getting annoyed with them too. They have no reason to be acting that way towards you." Leaning down I placed a kiss on Rylee's forehead, "you're mine and no one hurts what's mine."

"And you're mine." Rylee stated with a small smile. "Thank you for not making this a big deal. I wasn't sure how you were going to react. I don't want to make anything hard for you."

Taking my phone out of my pocket I scrolled through the music until I cam across music that Black Iris had made music videos for. "Since you only listened to the songs we had music videos for, want to listen to our other music while we chill together?"

Rylee nodded and maneuvered us so that we were both laying down on the bed and she had her head on my chest with an arm thrown over my waist. "Can I spend the night? I don't want to be alone tonight."

"Of course, babe. You never have to ask me that."