Prologue

Bill and Will Cipher each looked at the baby in their mother's arms in turn. It was unnatural for a demon's mother to survive, especially after twins and one prior, but having a fourth child - also a demon - was unheard of. That is, as a demon's mother is always human. The two boys looked up at their mother.

Will wiped away one of the tears that were ever present on his cheeks. "What's his name?" The twelve year old demon asked.

"How about Adrian. Adrian James Cipher. That has a nice ring to it huh?" Their mother smiled down at them. Bill beamed back before watching the infant open his one eye ever so slightly. His eye was blue, not blue like Will's but a deep blue that one would see in a freshly picked blueberry or a twilight sky. What surprised the boys was when he opened his other eye to show an oak wood brown.

"He has both eyes." Bill said in a hushed whisper. He peeked at the baby from over his mother's arms. His hand brushed over the eyepatch covering his right eye. "Can I hold him mom?"

"Be careful." His mother said whilst handing the child to him. Softly he bounced Adrian in his arms while turning slightly, listening to the baby's laugh. He, himself laughed when the child suddenly sneezed. It was a cute kitten sneeze.

He noticed a small birth mark, other than the prominent one of his forehead, just below the infant's ear. It was a pine shape. "Hmm. How about I call you Pinetree." He watched the child latch onto his finger in a death grip. "My baby brother Pinetree." Bill cooed, being a lot more gentle than normal.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Come on Pinetree. And be quiet." A now sixteen year old Bill led Adrian through the woods. The three year old giggled and mimicked Bill pressing his finger against his lips. "Here's good. Check this out." He jumped into the air and with a small pop he was a golden yellow floating triangle minus a future hat and tie.

Adrian clapped his hands. "Biwy Twiangle!" He giggled. Bill nodded the best he could before trying to figure out how to change back, resulting in not paying attention to the little demon who wandered off.

"Adrian? Adrian?" Bill shouted when he changed back and realized his brother was gone. "Adrian?" He raced through the woods since he didn't know how to teleport yet and watched helplessly as Adrian tumbled down a small but rocky slope. A woman came out of her home and rushed to the boy's side.

"Richard! Richard come here!" The woman cried and her husband raced out. He stopped. "He's still alive."

"Who is he?" Richard asked.

The woman shrugged. "I don't know but he looks a lot like Mabel."

"Should we keep him until we can find his parents?"

"Yeah. But we don't know his name."

Just then Adrian woke up. "Who awe you?" He asked.

"I'm Christina and this is Richard. What's your name?" Christina smiled softly

Adrian began to cry. "I don know!"

"Hey, hey. How about we call you Mason. You look like a Mason." Richard calmed the toddler. "Or Dipper because that's a nifty looking birthmark there."

"Otay."

"Mom is gonna kill me." Bill groaned as he watched the couple lead Adrian into their home. "Twice."