Land of Waves Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Say, Nii-sama...Are there ninjas in that land, too?" Yoru looked at her, indulgently. He thought about his answer before telling her.

"No, there aren't Ninjas in the Land of the Waves...But in other nations, where cultures and customs are different, hidden villages, though I don't know how Konoha could be call hidden, exist. And there are ninjas there. To the many nations on the continent, the existence of Shinobi villages is a measure of the nation's military strength. In other words, that is how these nations maintain their relationships with neighboring nations. Even so, the villages are not under the control of the nations. They're equal in rank. On a small island like the Land of the Waves where it is difficult to be influenced by other nations, there is no need for a Shinobi village. Among the respective nations that possess a Shinobi Village, the five nations of "Fire," "Water," "Earth," "Wind," and "Lightning," due to their large territory and immeasurable power, are call the "Five Great Nations." Yoru exhaled as he said. The rest of the group, including Tazuna looked at Yoru incredulously. Yoru looked at Kakashi. Kakashi understood the look and took over for Yoru.

"Yoru's right. The Village Hidden in the Leaves of the Land of Fire, the Village Hidden in the Mist of the Land of Water, the Village Hidden in the Clouds of the Land of Lightning, the Village Hidden in the Sand of the Land of Wind, and the Village Hidden in the Rocks of the Land of Earth. Only the leaders of each of these Hidden Villages are allowed to have the name Kage, the Shadow. The Hokage (Fire Shadow), Mizukage (Water Shadow), Raikage (Lightning Shadow), Kazekage (Wind Shadow), and Tsuchikage (Earth Shadow). The so-called Five Kage, reign supreme over the tens of thousands of Ninjas in each nation of the whole world." Yoru and Kakashi looked at Sakura.

"Does this answer your question Sa-chan?", Yoru asked.

Sakura looked surprised by the information then exclaimed, "Ehh? So he's pretty awesome, huh?" Naruto and Sasuke also looked surprised.

Naruto suddenly had a flashback to when he did the Sexy Jutsu and the Hokage had a nose bleed from it. It distracted the Hokage and Naruto was able to grab the Forbidden Scroll. 'That can't be true! No way!' "Hey." A voice interrupted his thoughts.

Naruto and the others looked at Yoru and Kakashi.

"You guys just doubted...", Yoru began.

"...Lord Hokage now, didn't you..?", finished Kakashi.

Naruto and Sakura shook their heads. Sasuke looked away. That practically said everything about their thoughts on the Hokage.

"Well, don't worry. There are no Ninja battles in Rank C missions." Kakashi reassured them. But Yoru suddenly said something that did not reassure them.

"Yes, there usually isn't any ninja battles in C-rank missions, but it's better to prepare for the worst than to be surprised by something. By the way, do you really think that the mission is going to stay normal with Naruto here? Nothing is ever normal with Naruto. Remember all the D-rank missions." All members of Team 7 thought back to the missions, the dog walking, babysitting, weeding, even cleaning. Yep, it definitely wasn't normal to have so many problems on D-ranks.

Team 7 sighed, and tried to prepare for the worst. They continued walking down the path, across a river, and through the forest for hours.

But Yoru noticed a puddle right in front of them on the path. 'That's weird. A puddle when there was no rain for a week? Wait...Oh yeah! What was their names again? Go...ku and Mei..ka? (A/N: You're wrong. It's Gozu and Meizu.) Yeah, let's go with that. Goku and Meika tried to kill us. Should I warn them? Nah, they can do it. If they can't, I'll just step in.'

The rest of Team 7 and Tazuna, except Kakashi and Yoru, walked without a single thought about the puddle in the middle of the road, when there is no other puddles in sight. Kakashi looked down at the puddle as he walked past it. Yoru couldn't resist playing with Goku and Meika, and stepped hard on the puddle as he walked past. Kakashi's eyes widen, and gave Yoru a thumbs up.