Chapter 二十

Começar do início

"What's that?" Scott couldn't see one.

Kylie frowned at her brother.

"Aiden." She told him as if it was obvious. Which it kind of was.

Stiles nodded. "Ever since he came back to school, they're always together." He said. "How are we going to separate them again?"

The two teenagers thought for a while and seemed to reach the same conclusion. They both then turned around to look over at Lydia.

Lydia looked up at the two of them and saw the expressions they were sporting. "What now?" she asked them.

Later on, they found out Ethan's schedule and moved to intercept them now that Aiden was distracted.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked Scott. "I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not going to kill another one?"

"Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me?" he asked a bit louder and Kylie rolled her eyes from his arms. She thought he was being dramatic. "You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna  break off an extra-large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe and shove it right up your-"

Kylie placed a hand over his mouth as Scott grabbed at Stiles' shoulder and pushed him back a bit. "Stiles, okay, we get it." Scott then looked back at Ethan. "We're talking to you because I know that you wanted to kill Boyd. I think if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

Ethan narrowed his eyes at Scott and shook his head. "You don't know what we owe them. Especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't Alphas."

"What were you?" Scott asked.

"Omegas." Ethan looked at them and sighed. "In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat. The last to eat. The ones who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."

"So, you and your brother were like the bitches of the pack." Stiles stated.

"Stiles, that's mean," Kylie scolded him.

Ethan glared at Stiles. "Something like that."

"What happened?" Scott asked Ethan.

"They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters, but they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our Alpha, was the worst of them."

Stiles shook his head. "Then why didn't you guys just fight back? Form Voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?"

"We couldn't!" Etham defended himself. "We didn't know how to control it back then."

"And Deucalion taught you how," Scott realized.

"And then we fought," Ethan continued. "We took down the whole pack. One by one," he said sounding more savage as he went on. "And by the time we got to our Alpha, he was begging for his life! And we tore him apart. Literally," he finished with a calming breath.

Kylie frowned at the descriptive story.

Scott's jaw tightened a bit. "And what about your emissary?" Ethan's expression was answer enough. "They're all dead? Kali and Ennis' too?"

"All of them except for Deucalion," said Ethan.

"You mean Morrell?" Stiles asked sharing a look with Scott.

But then Ethan started to gasp hard as he grabbed at his chest.

Scott nearly jumped. "What? What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"No," Ethan gasped out. "Not me... my brother."

They got in just in time to see Aiden with a weight in his hands, about to hit Cora, but his brother then grabbed at his arm before Scott moved at his other side and grabbed him there. Both of them then tried to yank the weight from Aiden and keep him back while Kylie turned around and saw that Cora was hurt so she ran to her, Stiles followed. Ethan pushed the weight from his brother's grip and it fell to the ground with a hard clatter.

"Aiden, you can't do this!" Ethan spat at him.

"She came at me!" Aiden spat back.

"It doesn't matter! Kali gave Derek until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her."

Aiden just stared down at Cora before his eyes went up to Lydia. She was looking at him with both sadness and fear.

Ethan looked over at Scott but he just looked back at him with his own eyes narrowed. He pushed his head forward to silently tell him that he and his brother had to leave. Ethan grabbed at his brother's sleeve and the two of them made their way out of the locker room.

Stiles looked at at the others.

"Hey, guys, I think she's pretty hurt," he said.

Cora eventually woke up and then went and started to try and clean the blood from her head by the sink.

"You okay?" Scott asked.

"She doesn't look okay," Lydia mumbled.

"I'll heal," Cora said she went to walk, but stumbled. Stiles and Scott went to help her but she pushed them away. "I said I'm fine." She said sharply.

"Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking going after them?" Stiles asked.

"I did it for Boyd," she hissed at him. "None of you were doing anything."

"We're trying," Scott said to her.

"And you're failing," she spat at him. "You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers. Running around, thinking you can stop people from getting killed? But all you do is show up late. All you really do is  find the bodies."

She then moved to leave the four of them staring after her as she walked out of the locker room.

When Cora was out of sight Stiles sighed. "Well... she's definitely a Hale," he said uncomfortably. "I'll make sure she gets home." He then left to go after her.

Ms. Morrell was going through some files in her office when she heard someone come in and sit down at her desk. "Sorry, but I don't remember having any more appointments." But she looked up at the one who came in and stilled.

"You sure?" Scott said to her, tightening  his hold on Kylie's hand. "Because I could use a little guidance right now."

Morrell went and closed the file cabinet, hard.