Stiles and Kylie arrived at Derek's house and filled the two of them immediately on the incident that happened at the school. When the explanations were done, Derek told Scott to sit so that he could give his tattoo a look. Scott went and bared his arm out as Derek used his red eyes to look deeper.

"Yeah, I see it. Two bands right?" Scott nodded. "What does it mean?"

Scott shook his head.

"I don't know. It's just something I traced with my fingers." He said.

He then moved to make the two bands in the dust of a table.

"Why is this so important to you?" Derek asked him.

"Do you know what the word tattoo means?" Scott asked.

"To mark something." Stiles said before Derek could even say anything.

"You know that because the tattoo man said it." Kylie said smartly.

Stiles shot her a glare, although it wasn't a mean one.

But Scott shook his head. "That's in Tahitian. In Samoan... it means: Open Wound." That made Derek's face soften a bit. "I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I've always wanted one. I just decided to get it now to make it a kind of reward."

"For what?" asked Derek.

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer." Derek nodded at that. "Even when it was so hard not to sometimes... I was just trying to give her the space she wants. The space that we felt we needed. Goin' four months later... still hurts. It still feels like a, uh..."

"Like an open wound." Stiles gently finished for him.

Scott nodded and his sister hugged him, he hugged back.

"Yeah." He nodded.

Derek nodded to as he went to grab the blowtorch off the table.

"The pain's going to be worse than anything you ever felt." The Alpha said.

Stiles eyes the torch and nodded to himself, pursuing his lips.

"Ah, that's great." He muttered.

But Scott let out a deep breath and nodded. "Do it."

Derek then lit the blowtorch and the sight of the flame made both Scott and Stiles' eyes widen while Kylie let out a small gasp.

"Oh, wow." Stiles exclaimed. "That's a- that's a lot for me. So I'm gonna take that as my cue. You know what, I'm just gonna wait outside."

He started to head off but Derek stopped him. "Nope." he said grabbing him. "You can help hold him down."

Stiles then went over to stand behind Scott and grabbed his shoulders as the two of them eyed the torch's flame as Derek began to move it closer.

"Oh my god." Stiles muttered before the fire made contact with Scott's skin.

Scott gasped and Kylie covered her eyes with her hands. Derek hadn't been joking or exaggerating. The pain was excruciating. Really worse than anything he ever felt. He started to grunt and scream as Stiles gripped him harder.

"Hold him." Derek said to Stiles.

Scott gasped as his eyes snapped open. Kylie instantly threw herself on him.

"Scotty!" She cried out.

He caught her and looked at his arm. There were now to bands on his arm. The ones he wanted. He looked at Stiles and Derek.

"It worked." He smiled at them.

Stiles shrugged.

"Yeah, but I still hate it." Scott just kept his smile up at him.

Derek rolled his eyes.

"You should take it easy for the rest of the day, all of you." He said looking between them before he went off to finish cleaning up.

Scott placed his sister on the ground and moved to get his clothes back on but kept the sleeve up to let the tattoo shine in all its glory.

Stiles gave it swipe with his finger.

"Yeah, it looks pretty damn permanent now. Language, I know." Stiles immediately said, looking at Kylie, who grinned at him.

"Yeah." Scott said before finally rolling his sleeve down. "I kind of needed something permanent." He said shifting into a low tone. "Everything that's happened to us. Everything's just changing so fast. Everything's so, uh... ephemeral."

Stiles nodded with his bottom lip out.

"Studying for the PSAT's?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Nice."

Stiles then picked up Kylie and walked forward as Scott then moved to open the door. Suddenly, he stopped. He looked at it and noticed that there was a fresh coat of paint on it.

"You painted the door." Scott then looked over at Derek and narrowed his eyes. "Why'd you paint the door?"

Derek looked over at him.

"Go home Scott."

But Scott just ran his hand over it.

"Why only one side?" He asked and raised a claw at the door and ran it across to see that there was something underneath.

"Scott." Derek said running over.

But Scott just went and started to quickly claw it. He didn't stop until he went and revealed a symbol that had been put on underneath. It looked like a warped and triangular version of a triskele.

"What is it?" Kylie asked.

"The birds at school and the deer last night- Just like the night I got trampled by the deer when I got bit by the Alpha." Scott stated. "How many are there?"

Derek sighed.

"A pack of 'em." He said. "An Alpha pack."

Stiles' eyes widened.

"How does that even work?" He asked.

"I hear there's some kind of a leader." Derek started to explain. "He's called Deucalion." He then let a sigh out. "We know that they have Boyd and Erica. Peter, Isaac and I have been looking for them for the last four months."

"Let's say you find them. How do you deal with an Alpha pack?" Scott asked.

"With all the help I can get." Derek replied.

"Where is she?" The voice of Isaac suddenly said. Everyone turned to him. He had just woken up. Kylie took a step forward, but Stiles stopped her. "Where's the girl?"

"What girl?" Derek asked.