Busted

Meanwhile, Hildegard and Clio tried to keep Amber calm by reading fashion magazines, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Relax, Amber," Hildegard urged. "I know Sofia is your sister, but you really shouldn't be so worried. I can't expect you to do it, but I wrote in my diary about how bad Sofia made me feel when I read hers."

Suddenly, the girls heard Sofia's angry voice call out, "Is that so?"

The girls realized that Sofia had just heard them, so they turned out and saw the angry princess with James and Hugo, who were also angry.

"Sofia!" Amber gulped. "What brings you here?"

"Amber, I overheard you tell Hildegard and Clio that you stole Sofia's diary from her room yesterday—and I found it under your pillow," James revealed.

The three princesses were horrified—it was bad enough that Sofia knew her diary was gone, and now she knew how it disappeared. "How could you do this, Amber?" she glowered. "I trusted you!"

"I didn't mean to steal your diary, Sofia," Amber protested. "I was going to put it back, but I forgot."

"But why did you take it from Sofia's room in the first place?" Hugo asked.

That question made Amber, Hildegard, and Clio very nervous. "Well, Sofia wrote in her diary more often than we did," Hildegard claimed. "We had plenty to write about, but Sofia had more to write about than we did."

"So we just had to take a sneak peek, but we knew Sofia would walk in on us reading her diary if we stayed in her room—so we took it to my room to read it," Amber revealed.

Sofia was definitely seeing red at Amber. "Not only did you steal my diary and send me on a wild goose chase to find it, but you read it!" she chastised the girls. "I can't believe you!"

"We're sorry, Sofia, but we just had to see what was in your diary," Hildegard told her.

"It doesn't matter what's in it!" Sofia growled. "A diary or journal is personal and private! Why did you think it was okay to read mine? Why is it so important for you to read what's in it?"

"She has a point," Hugo agreed. "What could be in that diary that could be more interesting than what's in yours?"

"I hope you didn't read anything personal in it," Sofia glared.

"Well, we read about the time you and Hugo became friends," Amber revealed.

"And we also read what you wrote about me and what I did in the past," Hildegard blushed.

Sofia smacked herself on the forehead—she had never been so angry in all her life. Amber was upset because now Sofia is angry with her for stealing and sticking her nose in her diary. She wished she had never done that ever.