Sofia Finds Out

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio joined Sofia and Hugo in the dining room. The trio was eyeballing the fair prince and princess, who were laughing as hard as they could.

"Hey, what's so funny?" King Roland asked.

Hildegard glowered at Roland, remembering that Sofia wrote in her diary about her saying that Roland isn't her real father.

"Something funny happened when we were in the garden, Dad," Sofia giggled.

"We were looking at the daisies, and just as we least expected it...," Hugo giggled, trying not to laugh any harder.

"...a bird flew out of the flowers and right at us!" Sofia and Hugo cried out laughing in unison. They laughed really hard.

"Wow, that is funny," Roland chuckled.

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio remembered what Sofia wrote about Hugo in her new diary, and they felt pretty jealous of their bond.

Later, to keep themselves from being offended by what they read in Sofia's diary, Amber, Hildegard, and Clio kept themselves busy with their usual princess hobbies. But in the process, Amber never put Sofia's diary back where Sofia put it.

By the end of the day, Amber and her friends got together.

"Today has been very exciting, Amber," Hildegard declared.

"Indeed," Clio agreed.

"I'm glad you had fun," Amber grinned. She got into a group hug with Hildegard and Clio. "Now why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?"

"Maybe you're just tired," Hildegard surmised.

"Maybe so," Amber agreed.

The trio saw Sofia and Hugo hugging goodbye. The princesses were a bit green with envy, seeing this.

Later, Sofia retreated to her room to see her animal friends: Robin the robin, Mia the bluebird, and Clover the bunny.

"Hey, kid, how was your day with your prince?" Clover asked.

"It was fun—definitely worth recording in my diary," Sofia smiled. She went to her bookshelf to get her diary—only to find that it was gone. "My diary! It's gone!"

"Gone?" the animals gasped.

Amber was just passing Sofia's room, and she heard Sofia freaking out.

"I put it on the bookshelf when Hugo came over, and now it's gone!" Sofia cried.

Amber entered her sister's room and asked, "Sofia, what's wrong?"

"Oh, Amber, my diary is gone," Sofia told her.

Amber was shocked to hear that—she realized that she never put Sofia's diary back on the shelf. She didn't want Sofia to know that she had taken it in the first place. "Oh, that's terrible," she gulped.

"I know—I have to find it!" Sofia cried. "I've written very personal stuff in there!"

Amber saw how worried Sofia was about losing her diary, and if Sofia knew that Amber had stolen it, Sofia would be really angry. "I'm sure it'll turn up, Sofia," she told her sister.

"It has to!" Sofia claimed.

Suddenly, Miranda, Roland, and James came running in.

"Sofia, what's wrong?" Roland asked.

"My diary disappeared, Dad," Sofia told him.

"Oh, that's horrible," Miranda frowned.

Amber agreed—it was already even worse. Not only did Sofia know that her diary was missing, but so did the rest of the family. If Miranda and Roland knew Amber had stolen Sofia's diary, she would be in bigger trouble than she would already be in with Sofia.

"Do you want us to help you find it tomorrow, Sofia?" James asked. "It's pretty late."

"Okay, thanks," Sofia smiled.

"Okay, dinner is ready," Miranda declared.

As the family walked to the dining room for dinner, Amber nervously wondered what she should do: put the diary back on the shelf while Sofia isn't looking or give Sofia her diary back and come clean. The feelings of guilt were eating Amber alive.