Chapter 5

A/N Please don't hate me, I'm so sorry! I love these characters like my children, I swear! 

Peter sat himself on a roof to forget about the embarrassment of being caught by Tony Stark post-freak-out. His cheeks did redden when he remembered Mr. Stark complimenting him, and calling him his hero. He was lost in thought, when he heard gunshots and screaming, he decided he could probably take them, and swung into action. He landed in the middle of a group of guys with guns. 

The genius billionaire playboy philanthropist walked onto the suiting pad, still thinking about Peter Parker. For some reason that boy seemed to stand out, and he felt vaguely familiar. As if they met once before, though Tony couldn't put his finger on it.

The suit rose out of the ground, forming around him. He gave one last look around the city before rising into the sky. He was about to start his sweep over the city when he heard gunshots and went down to investigate.

It was ten guys with masks, they all had insanely big guns, and were stuffing something into the back of a car. Tony was about to go in. But, before Tony could interfere, Spider-Man flipped onto the scene.  The guys aimed at the masked hero.

"What's up, nice to meet ya, my name is Spider-Man, you can call me Spidey." He extended a hand to shake. Tony landed on the ground with a Clank

Now the guys look scared Peter thought.

"Oh look, I brought my pal, Iron Man." Tony rolled his eyes under his metal mask.

"We aren't pals, so much as...acquaintances." Tony tried to defend.

"We met once..." Spider-Man informed.

"Only a couple days ago." Tony said.

Suddenly, there was a barrage of gunfire. The masked hero dived out of the way, and a few bullets ricocheted off the wall. 

They looked around, confused. Spider-Man had disappeared. He saw a red gloved hand peek out from behind a van, making a come here motion. Tony triggered his blinder and dashed behind the van.

"Iron Man." Peter nodded, greeting Tony.

"Spider...ling." 

"Seems pretty reckless to take on ten guys at once."

"I've taken dealt with bigger crowds." Peter assured. "Course they didn't have guns." 

"That does not help my nerves." 

"It's fine, I have a plan." Peter tried to lie.

"You have a plan?" Tony asked incredulously.

"No, I was just trying to make you feel better, This is totally improvised." Peter jumped on top of the van. He leaped to the wall, crawling across and firing webs at guy's hands. Creating makeshift handcuffs. A few of the men had taken cover behind their car.

A man came around the corner of the van. Tony blasted him with a repulsor beam. The guy was knocked off his feet to the ground, unconscious. He then was able to go back out to the main action. A few of the guys shot at the hero sticking to the wall. Because they were distracted, Tony was able to pick each guy off pretty easily with repulsors.

Peter shot a net-like web over the men who's hands he had binded. The last guy standing, shot at Peter. Peter jumped down. Tony stormed around the car and grabbed the man. Throwing him on the ground, the guy fell limp. 

The fight was over and everything had worked out. Peter jumped to the ground.

"They were tricky, it's a good thing neither of us got hurt." He turned to Spider-Man. His smile dropped.

Spider-Man was clutching his side. The teenager winced and pulled his hand away painfully. It was then Peter noticed there was blood, so much blood. That wasn't supposed to happen. He thought as he fell to his knees, collapsing towards the ground.

Tony didn't hesitate. His arms were around Spider-Man in a split second.

"Shit, ok buddy. Let's get you to the Tower. Shit, fuck." The metal cleared away from his hand and he pressed on the wound. The blood wouldn't stop, there was too much. 

Peter eyes widened, the realization he had just been shot hit him. He was terrified of the thought of getting shot in an alley and bleeding out, like Uncle Ben. The thoughts of blood mixed with the fear.

"N-not like this, please, not like this!" He screamed. His breath caught in his lungs. The black started taking over his vision. He felt himself slipping. 

"J.A.R.V.I.S How long until he passes out from blood loss?" Tony cried desperately, picking up the Hero, who was slowly going unconscious. 

"In roughly 30 seconds." The a.i's voice answered. Tony looked desperately across the city to Avengers Tower, eyes focused on the large platform., cursing under his breath.

"I can make it." He tried to reassure himself.  He rose into the air, the young hero in his arms. He booked it for Avengers Tower. 

He had almost reached the desuiting pad at breakneck speed, This had to be some kind of record he thought. Spider-Mans hand fell limp and Tony knew Spider-Man had gone unconscious.

As soon as he landed, he was greeted with the Avengers, who had been playing a game of Yahtzee. He pulled the hero through the doorway and inside the room.

"What happened?" Bruce said as he rushed to Peter's side.

"10 guys with guns, we took em. But he got shot." Tony said, out of breath.

"Ok, everybody get back." Bruce said calmly. 

Bruce peeled the suit, which clung to Peters sweaty, bloody, skin, it was hard to see the revered hero so vulnerable. He got the suit cut away with some scissors from the bar. After he took the teenagers pulse, he reached for the mask to peel it off.

"Leave it." Tony whispered softly. "If he doesn't want people to know, we should respect that." Bruce agreed.

"His breathing and heartbeat is, for the most part, stable." The Doctor informed. "If his condition worsens, we'll need to take the mask off to put him on a ventilator."

Tony looked at the body of the young hero. Exasperated, he prayed the injured saviour would be alright.