Chapter 27 - Our new family

Start from the beginning

I smiled again and she handed Kairi back to me and she slowly lowered the bed back to the full horizontal position. I laid down on my side and held Kiari close to me. I kissed her forehead gently and waved to Riza as she exited the room. I patted Kairi until she was asleep and my eyes got heavy too. I closed my eyes and I slowly drifted to sleep.

I twitched when I heard the door open and quiet footsteps made their way to the bed. I felt a warm hand on my head and a soft kiss as well. I cracked open my eyes to see Jean and I gave him a tiny smile. He was wearing casual clothes and he sat down on the chair and smiled back at me. “I’m sorry, did I wake you?” He asked softly and I sighed with another smile. “No….its ok….”

He reached out and gently touched Kairi’s cheek and then caressed my head. “Sleep.” He said and I snuggled into the pillow. I closed my eyes again and soon I was asleep.

>>Timeskip Morning

I was woken to the sounds of hushed whispers. I slowly blinked my eyes open and lifted my head slightly. I smiled seeing Jean’s family and Clara in the room and I sat up slowly. Kairi was still asleep next to me and when I sat up, mother ran to me and gave me a hug. “Oh congratulations dear! Congratulations! Congratulations!!”

I chuckled softly and hugged back. She seemed ecstatic and I smiled as father and grandpa patted my head. I picked up Kairi making sure she didn’t wake up and I tilted her so everyone could see her. Mother squealed and touched her cheeks softly. “She’s adorable! My grandchild!” I smiled and looked at Clara. She was glaring at the ground and she hadn’t even congratulated me but I rolled my eyes and went back to watching mother, father and grandpa fuss over Kairi.

I put my legs off the bed and Jean sat down next to me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. He blushed when mother teased him about being all lovey-dovey with me and I just chuckled. “Clara! Don’t be a sore spot and come congratulate Jean and Mia!” Mother yelled and she grumbled. “Tch! Whatever….I’ll be waiting outside.” Saying so she walked out.

I smiled amused. “Looks like she hasn’t really changed.” I said and father sighed. “Yes…..and I’m sure she’s come here to cause more trouble. But don’t worry, we’ll try to keep her away from you two.” He said apologetically but I shook my head. “She already knows she cant win against me, so there’s nothing to worry.”

“The doctor said you can leave the hospital today.” Mother said and she slowly took Kairi from my arms. Kairi shifted and blinked her eyes open to see the new person who was holding her and mother squealed again. “She is so adorable! Its so easy to tell that she’s your child! Aren’t you a sweetheart my little sweetie.” Mother was pouting her lips and kissed Kairi’s nose and Jean and I laughed. I was still in the hospital gown and I decided to change into something comfortable so I let my feet touch the ground and I stood up.

But my legs felt like jelly from weakness and they buckled. Jean caught me and everybody else looked at me with worry. “Mia, are you alright? Maybe you should rest some more.” Jean said but I let out a soft laugh. “I’m fine….just give me a minute.” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I stayed leaning on Jean. I closed my eyes and let my healing chakra heal every part of my body. I head few people gasp around me but after few minutes I felt totally reenergized and I pushed away from Jean and stood up on my own.

Jean smiled and I went into the bathroom and got into my usual pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt. I came outside and a nurse was there taking Jean’s signature. I signed the papers as well and we headed out the hospital room. Mother still held onto Kairi and she was gurgling now and then and mother, father and grandpa couldn’t stop fussing over her. Jean and I walked behind them with an amused smile the whole time and Clara walked behind us with a constant scowl.

We finally made it back to Jean’s house and mother, father and grandpa sat down on the couch still playing with Kairi and Clara marched off into Jean’s room. I rolled my eyes and pushed Jean to go sit with his family and I went into the kitchen to get something ready for breakfast.

We had a carton of eggs and I made omelets for everyone. I got out some bread as well and toasted it so we could all have omelets sandwiches. I put them in a plate and brought them out to the living room. I smiled seeing Jean holding Kiari and grinning. I chuckled and walked to where everyone was and put the plate on the table.

“Oh Mia dear! I’m so sorry! I got so caught up in Kairi…..I made you make breakfast.” Mother said and I smiled. “That’s alright. Why don’t you all eat up?” I took Kairi and kissed her nose as she squirmed and gurgled. Everybody ate and then mother took care of Kairi while I ate and freshened up for the day.

>>Timeskip

Clara had seemed grouchy the whole day and it was quite amusing the watch the way she scowled at everyone. jean had gone to work today as well and he was planning to buy a huge box of sweets and distribute it to the whole HQ….which I’m sure he would have done.

Mother, Clara and I remained at home the whole day and she taught me some things on how to take care of a baby. I had no experience besides hearing or seeing some parents with their kids back in Konoha and the tips that mother gave were very useful. Father and grandpa had gone off for a walk around the city.

Jean had returned from work late in the evening today and he was taking care of Kairi as mother and I cleaned the kitchen after dinner. Father and grandpa were tired from their ‘adventure’ around the city and they had gone to sleep early. Clara had locked herself in the spare room that we had given for her and I don’t know what she was doing there.

When mother and I were done with the cleaning, we walked to the living room and I smiled when my gaze landed on Jean. He was asleep on the sofa and Kairi was asleep on his chest. His hands were supporting her and my gaze softened. Mother giggled and held my hand softly. She smiled and then walked to her room and closed the door. I shook my head with a smile and walked to my room and got out 2 bed sheets.

I walked back to the living room and slowly put it over Jean and Kairi. I sat down next to them and watched them with a smile. Jean was going to be a really good father….I could tell just by the way he was now. I leaned up and gave a feather light kiss next on the corner of Jean’s lips and wrapped myself in a bed sheet as well.

I curled up a little away from Jean and just watched him and Kairi sleep until I fell into sweet slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote~

Comment~~~~

<3