Chapter 2

Magic.

It wasn't something our young Potter has ever considered before. True, that weird things had happened to him before, but he had never associated it with magic. Wasn't it just all but childish fairytales to put little kids to sleep? Potter has never really brought himself to think about it before, since the boy had been too busy trying to survive in his own cruel reality. But what if it was real? That he, Harry Potter, could really do magic.

"I see that my question isn't going anywhere. How about we put it like this."

Hermione sighed as she finally had enough of waiting for his answer. Whilst, the little boy stared off to space. She snapped her fingers repeatedly to reclaim his attention once again.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly realizing what he has done.

"Okay. If you're truly sorry then answer this, have you- has anything weird happened around you? You know, like flying objects or exploding things?" She asked.

Harry remembered the time where he wish he could have some food to ea when his Uncle Vernon punished him, for something his cousin Dudley did by not giving him any meal for a week. Then a whole loaf of bread came levitating towards him from the kitchen. His Uncle Vernon was so mad he turned red in fury, after seeing the piece of bread lying on the little boy's hands. But both of them knew he was more mad at discovering the boy's display of freakishness again.

"Y-yes. But h-how can you say its really magic?" Harry replied back stuttering with a question.

The little girl hesitated if she could trust her answer with this boy. From what she has observed, the boy was very honest. But could she trust him? She looked at his green emerald eyes and decided.

"Because it happened to me too."

Harry was silent after he heard her answer. All those weird things that happened to him, happened to her too. So was it really magic? The boy couldn't think properly. Many crazy things have happened to him today. His young brain couldn't seem to process all these information. Though strangely his heart was betraying his inner turmoil.

He was happy.

He stared back at her chocolate brown warm eyes and he was sure. Somehow in this odd cruel world, he was able to find a nice decent girl like Hermione that could do strange magical things like him. And pretty too.

Maybe this was it. The fates or magic granted him his wish, a friend he could spend the rest of his life with, someone who he could share all his problems with, so he would never have to feel lonliness anymore.

"What-"

Before Harry could even finish his question, an old tall woman with greying reddish hair entered the guest room. She wore a white peasant shirt over a long flowy floral skirt bearing a tray of milk with cookies in her hands. Despite her appearance being very inviting, the boy couldn't help but tense up with another strange presence in the room.

"Hermione, I called your parents and they said said they'll be home around five. Is the little boy- ........Oh."

The woman was taken aback finding the said little boy they've found, sitting upright in bed. Meanwhile, Harry was contemplating whether he should make a run for it or not. But then again where would he go?

He felt the soft tingling sensation returned again in his hand and looked down to see Hermione holding his hand once again. She gave it a soft squeeze as if reassuring him that everything was going to be alright. And oddly enough, her presence made him believe it will. Harry found himself relaxing in her touch.

"H-hello." He carefully said.

"Hello to you as well, dear."

The woman replied, her thick German accent showing as she slowly approached the bed where the two children sat, not to alarm the lost child.