A few days later....

A/N: thank you so much for the continued support of this story. It means so much to me.

Amy's POV:

A week had passed since that fateful night. I tried my hardest avoiding Jimmy at all cost. He constantly called, he would always go to the cafe to try to talk to me; his failed on this part due to the fact that I would get one of the other girls to serve him, he would then wait until I finished work and then try to talk to me by walking home with me. Seven days of this and tonight had been no different.

'Dammit Amy, I want to talk about what happened Saturday' he said to me rather frustrated, 'what is there to talk about Jimmy? You were feeling guilty about the party and you kissed me to make yourself feel better, what more is there to say?' He grabbed my arm to turn me to face him and then put both hands on my shoulders. 'Amy I am so sorry about the party, I really did want to go to have a good time with you. It was never about Lisa...' I rolled my eyes at this 'it's true, Lisa never really cared for me, she always had different guys going after her and craving her attention and as for Denise and Fred...well they can be assholes at times.'

He cupped my cheek with one of his hands 'when I kissed you, I didn't do it to make myself feel better, I did it because I wanted to. Because I realised when we reconnected the other week that I was a fool to let our friendship go and realised also that when you hugged me that night, I felt something between us; a kind of spark that made me feel all tingly inside. No other girl has ever made me feel that way ever.'

I could feel tears running down my face, he used his other hand to wipe those tears away. His eyes never left mine and the next thing I knew, he leaned down and connected his lips to mine. Unlike the kiss last Saturday, this kiss was slow, passionate and made me feel all sorts of feelings that kept bubbling up inside of me. I didn't want it to end. I kissed him back with equal favour, running my fingers through his wild head of hair; I could feel his hands move down to my lower back and he pulled me close to him so we were squashed together in an embrace.

I ended the kiss by nipping his lower lip with my teeth, to which I heard him give a deep guttural moan, being this close to him also meant that I could feel that he was very excited if you know what I mean. 'Damn Amy, I want you to be mine.' He said pecking my lips again 'I want you to be my girl. Will you give me a chance?' I smiled, gave him a quick kiss and then pulled him into a hug while whispering in his ear 'I've always been yours Jimmy Reardon, you just never knew it.'

He gave me a puzzled look. 'Yes, I'll be your girl.' He smiled at me in return, lifted me up and spun me around before kissing me and making sure my feet were safely on the ground. 'I want to do things right with you Amy, I don't want to screw up things up.'
I placed my hand on his cheek 'Jimmy, nobody is perfect, we'll just go at our own pace and sort things out as we go along, together.' He stroked my cheek and kissed my nose before repeating the last word i had said 'together.'

A/N: another chapter. I hope you are liking is story and it's not getting too boring for you. Until next time.