Invitations

Thanks to whoever read this. I hope you're enjoying the story...

Amy's POV

Finally 10pm rolled around and I can officially say that I successfully got through my first day without a hitch. Jimmy left about half an hour ago with just a nod of his head as a form of goodbye. No words had been exchanged between us since I took his order earlier and I must say that I felt relief over that. It has been many years since we even called ourselves best friends let alone friends. It would've been really awkward on his part.

After saying goodnight to my boss, I grabbed my coat and bag and made my way out of the coffee house. When I made out to the street however, I was shocked to see Jimmy Reardon waiting there.

'Jimmy, I thought you left ages ago' I said with a gasp. He gave a small smile 'I did but I thought I'd wait around for you and walk you home if that's alright' he sounded nervous.
I nodded in agreement and we began to walk in the direction of home.

It was that awkward silence that I had been dreading. For about 10 minutes we didn't know what to say to each other. What do you say to someone who has blanked you for years on end?

'So I heard that your dad wants you to go to a business college? That sounds interesting, is it something you want to do?' Jimmy pulled a face 'hell no' he said in disdain. 'I did have money saved up for college, but things happened...' His voice trailed off as if he was pondering a memory. 'what sort of things?' I asked, trying not to sound too intrusive or nosy, 'well... There was this girl, we had a fling and a few weeks later she called me, telling me that she needed money for an abortion. I gave her the money but it turns out that she had told this lie to about three other guys and she ran off with about $600' my dad found out a few weeks ago and he was majorly pissed.' Jimmy kept his head down.

The poor guy. I know he can be a dickhead at times but he didn't deserve that. The stupid slut had played him good and proper. I stopped him and turned him to face me and as he looked at me all I could think of doing at that precise moment was just engulfing him in a huge hug. So I did.

I could feel jimmy's unease as the hug began but he soon relaxed and hugged me back 'I am so sorry jimmy' 'it's ok' he whispered in my ear as we separated and continued walking the two blocks back home.

As we reached my house I kissed Jimmy on the cheek and thanked him for walking me home. I was just about to unlock my door when I heard him say 'hey amy' I turned my head and saw him run up to my porch.

'There's this party at my friend Fred's house on Saturday night do you wanna come? I can pick you up and bring you home if it's ok with your folks' luckily I had this weekend off. Mom and dad should be ok with it, they're always telling me to go out and have fun 'sure jimmy that sounds great' I replied with a smile.

'Great' he said back with a grin. 'I'll pick you up at seven see you then.' And he turned to go to his house 'goodnight jimmy' I said back, as he went into his house I whispered to myself 'see you Saturday.'

I couldn't believe it. I Amy Tyler am going to a party with Jimmy Reardon. Is this real? Is this actually happening? Pinch me now because o can't believe it! Let's just say I went to bed with a smile on my face and had dreams of the cute boy next door all night.

A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this chapter.