The party

A/N: A huge thank you to all those who have been reading this story. It means a great deal.

Amy's POV:

By the time we arrived, the party was in full swing. All the rich kids were there. I didn't recognise a single person attending this party, well that's a lie. I recognised Fred, Denise and Lisa of course but other than that, nobody I knew was there.

Jimmy greeted Fred and Denise before introducing me 'guys you remember my next door neighbour Amy right?' Fred and Denise both looked me up and down. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest, it got me paranoid that they could hear it too. 'It's nice to see you both again' I said with a small smile on my face. Fred didn't say anything, he just nodded his head; Denise on the other hand just blanked me and closed the gap between herself and Jimmy. 'Jimmy guess what? Lisa decided to come to the party after all.'

Lisa. Whenever her name is mentioned, it's like Jimmy switches off instantly. Since the day he met her, jimmy has acted as if she is the only woman in the world. Sure he's banged half the student body in our school, but it's like he is under Lisa's spell or something; like she is The one girl in Chicago that he wants but he can't get.

It makes me sick every time I think about it.  I looked over Fred's shoulder and I could see Lisa, standing in the corner fluttering her eyelashes and smiling in my direction. I look at jimmy and sure enough, he's staring intently at her.

I felt my eyes begin to swell up with tears. Denise looked at me with a grin on her face, Fred looked at me with sympathy and remorse but jimmy...jimmy kept staring at Lisa. It was if I wasn't even there. I did the first thing I could think of, I walked out of the party and slowly made my way home.

I was about 3 blocks away from home when I heard a car horn and someone shout my name 'Amy' I turned my head and saw it was jimmy. I carried on walking and heard the car come to a complete stop,  I was then pulled by the arm and turned to face jimmy, he looked pissed off.

'Why did you leave the party Amy? I thought we were having a good time' it was then I did the unimaginable in my eyes...I slapped Jimmy Reardon around the face. He held his hand to his face looking shocked.

'We? We? You were the one having a good time. I was the one being ridiculed by Denise and sympathised by Fred while you were playing goo goo eyes at Lisa. Was that the only reason you invited me to Fred's party, to try and make Lisa jealous? I'm a person too jimmy, I have feelings too. I felt humiliated to no extent all thanks to you.'

I finished my rant and began to take some deep breaths, jimmy however had stayed silent and just stared at me. As if he was looking at me properly for the first time in years 'are you finished?' He asked me calmly I nodded yes to which he replied 'good' the next thing I knew Jimmy Reardon was passionately kissing me like there was no tomorrow.

A/N: thank you for reading this chapter!!!!