6- "You saved me."

"SAM! SAM!"

I was jolted awake when Hayes shook at my body. I looked around to see the place crashing down in heaps of flame.

"Let's go!" Hayes pulled me away by the hand. Flaming wood came toppling down where I was stat. I sprinted along side Hayes, holding onto his hand for dear life. I looked to the broken ceiling as a panel began to fall.

"HAYES!" I pulled him back before he stepped under the area where the fire fell. Hayes turned his eyes the other way then dashed down the hall. As we ran my feet tumbled over the cracked surface. Hayes, just a mere foot in front of me. A large mound of burning wood fell between us.

"Sam!" Hayes called out over the orange flames.

"Go!" I coughed back "I'll find a way out." I knew, on my own, I would burn alive.

I hardly saw Hayes, he stood for a moment before he dashed away. I searched for a way out but found nothing but scourging fire. I fell over in tears when I felt a blistering pain on my arm. The world around me blurred, everything slowed. I lost ability to breath like a normal being. My heart was struggling to beat. I saw a blur of a man before it all vanished into black.

•••

I can't seem to tell how long it's been but I squinted my eyes open. I looked to see my peeled skin with tubes and needles inside my arm. A terrible aching in my head while I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. Adorning my body were my scourged cloths, torn and shredded at the seems. Then Hayes walked over to my side. When I saw his charred skin it all came black in flashes.

"You saved me."

He simply shook his head and gave me a a half hearted smile.

"Why?" I asked. Why would he risk his life to save me? a girl he had only just met.

"Why wouldn't i?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"You could have died."

"But if I didn't it would have been you that died!"

I stopped talking to take in the fact that Hayes had gone back for me, he risked his life to save mine. Even with no guarantee that we would both make it out of the burning house alive, he still came back for me.

Hayes just gazed at me, searching for an answer. He looked down to the ground with a sigh when I didn't give him one.

I hesitantly took his hand in mine. "Thank you."

Hayes didn't look back to me, I began to slide my hand out of his but was stopped when his fingers tightened around mine. His blue eyes met mine, he smiled.

When the doctor came in,my grandparents followed. Hayes quickly separated our interlocked fingers and stepped back. He pushed his hands into his pockets and looked to the floor.

I was told that I would have to stay over night and I could leave late tomorrow.

•••HAYES POV•••

The doctor left the room. Sam's grandpa leaned in towards her and whispered something I couldn't make out. Sam glanced at me while trying to answer her grandpa. I saw her shake her head, to say no. Her grandpa glared up to me. I took it as a sign to leave. I grabbed my jacket off the chair and left the hospital.

I decided to walk home to give me time to think things over.

I can't seem to figure myself out.

I've never been into relationships. I never thought myself to be a guy who could really love a girl.

Staying tied down is just so foreign to me.

I wouldn't even be able to tell you what a committed relationship is.

I don't get crushes!

Why do I feel the need to be close to sam?

To keep her safe.

To call her mine.

What's this feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when she hold my hand?

What are these feelings? I don't understand!

A girl can't simply walk into my life and change everything!

Tons of girls have just walked into my life and it's never been like this.

Maybe it's the fact that this girl is special... this girl is perfect... this girl, she's my girl.