Chapter 47

Author's note: OMFG GUYS IM SORRY FOR SUCH THE LONG WAIT. I'VE BEEN BUSY AND NEVER HAVE TIME TO WRITE IN THE EVENINGS SO YEAH, IM SORRY AND PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

But on a better note, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the 2nd book for Dark Liam 2! Many more chapters to come:)

.

.

RECAP:

I look over, and there is a yellow sticky note stuck to my computer screen.

I snatch it in my hands, and immediately recognize the handwriting as soon as I see it. I'd know this sloppy penmanship anywhere.

.

.

"Gone to Chicago. Don't bother calling me, I disconnected my cell. Enjoy your life without me. I've caused you too much pain and don't think I can handle hurting you anymore."

This can't be true. He wouldn't have gone all the way to Chicago, would he? My heart aches for him and the misery he must be in. Who knows what was going through his mind.

But honestly, calling him was the least of my worries. I knew what I had to do. I had to go to Chicago.

And I had to go tonight.

I don't care if he rejects me when I get there. I just want to figure out what's going on with him. I want to be able to see him. I want to feel him. I want to put this all behind us and go back to the way things always were. I'm not mad at him for wrecking the car, even if it was on purpose, which I don't think it was. I think somebody messed around with the wires and disconnected the brakes. I have no proof, but I believe that is what happened.

I grab a suitcase from the top of my closet and start filling it with clothes. I'm not sure how long I would be in Chicago. A day? A month? I had no clue, as to why I was packing so much stuff.

I've only been to Chicago once before. The town that I live in, Hammond, is only a 40 minute drive. I'm not sure why I've only been there once since I'm only a short distance from it. It might be because I've never been fond of big cities. They make me feel uncomfortable because of all the people. I'm much more content being in in my small town.

I finish packing all of my belongings and slip the hoodie over my head that I grabbed earlier. I look down at my faded skinny jeans and notice a stain on my thigh. I'm not sure where it's from, but I could care less.

As I'm walking through my door, Niall pops into my mind. Where was he? Did he go to Chicago with Liam, or did he go somewhere else? He obviously didn't come back to our house, because his room was empty. But to be honest, I was more worried about Liam and the trouble he has probably gotten himself into.

I grab some food from the kitchen and stuff it all in a big paper bag. I'd probably get hungry on the road.

Dad must see me with all of my luggage, because he comes into the kitchen with a puzzled look on his face, "Where are you going?"

"Listen, I think Liam is in trouble," I hand him the note that he had left, "here, read this."

His eyes scan over the small piece of paper, then connects back with mine, "Brooke, he could just be making this up. He might not have even gone to Chicago. He could still be in Hammond for all you know."

I quickly defend Liam, out of instinct, "He wouldn't lie about this. I know he's in Chicago."

He lets out a sigh, "You just got home, and now you're running off to Chicago?"

Dark Liam 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें