chapter1

We arrived at our new house. A Victorian-style 3-floor house. Almost a mansion. My family was quite rich because both of my parents worked in the medical field. Even though we were wealthy, we weren't snobs. And I really didn't like people finding out how rich I actually was. I hated the attention it brought upon me. They'd find out how big my house was and how much money I had then they randomly wanted to be my best friend. "Oh Emily! We should hang out sometime? Maybe a few of my friends can come over?" I've heard that one countless times. Or the "Oh, your parent's aren't going to be home this weekend? We should have a small get-together!" It gets really annoying. I can hardly ever tell whether or not people sincerely want to be my friend or if they're just using me.

I found my way up to my room on the third floor and layed down my suitcases. I sat down in the corner of the room and listened to The 1975. I must've fallen asleep, because next thing I remember was waking up and seeing that some of my furniture was brought upstairs. I was glad to see my iHome, which I plugged in and blasted my newest playlist on. I put some of my clothes away and then went to bed. I was going shopping the next day and wanted an early start.

-

I woke up the next day around 9:30. Once I finally got out of bed, I made my way to the bathroom, where I showered, brushed my teeth, put my hair into a messy bun, then headed back to my room to look for an outfit. After trying on a few different things, I ended up wearing denim shorts and a Ramones t-shirt.

I grabbed my bag, phone, and wallet and headed out. I now lived right near Times Square so I had plenty of places to visit before school the next day. I sat in a café for brunch. I had tea and a muffin, then decided to look for new clothes for school.

On my way to Forever 21, I saw a tall boy with blonde hair. I didn't usually fall for guys who I'd never met, but something about this guy was different. He walked with a sense of confidence, but he didn't seem cocky. He was dressed in a black tank top, black jeans, and black Vans. It sounds cliché, but everything about him seemed kind of perfect, his hair blowing in the slight breeze, the way he kept playing with his lip ring, how his blue eyes looked around. I couldn't stop staring at him; he really was gorgeous. But I soon lost track of him and went into the store.

I looked around for a long time but couldn't stop thinking of that boy that I would probably never see again. I ended up only getting a few rings and a necklace to wear to school. I wasn't really in a shopping mood anymore, so I went home where I was greeted by my mom.

"That was quick, Emily."

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood to shop right now, I think I'm gonna go put on a playlist of some slow songs and reread Looking For Alaska."

"All you ever do is sit in your room and listen to music and reread the same 3 books."

"At least I'm not into drugs and alchohol, mom. I'll come down for dinner later."

"See you then, sweetie."

She was doing some paperwork at home today, both my parents' jobs at the hospital were starting the next day.

I went upstairs and grabbed my beat-up copy of Looking For Alaska and layed on my bed, trying to concentrate on my book, but instead, my mind kept wandering off to that boy with the blue eyes.

~

okay so this was short bc i needed to get luke into the story before school started for emily. it'll pick up, i swear. thanks for reading! :--)