Blonde Bombshell at Goode High

Annabeth at Goode High

This is just a short one-shot fan fiction that I wrote shortly after joining the PJO fandom. I was 'inspired' after reading waaaaay too many 'Annabeth at Goode' stories that didn't go how I wanted them to. So I wrote my own. YES I KNOW, IT'S REALLY REALLY CLICHÉ BUT OH WELL. It may not be very good coz I wrote it ages ago but meh.

Annabeth's POV:

High school for all intents and purposes, was usually out to kill me. But this year was different. I was going to attend Goode - Percy's school. I was looking forward to it and I was keen to see the look on Percy's face when he saw me, he didn't know I had transferred.

I smiled as I got out of my car, the mere thought of Percy had me grinning. After everything we went through over the summer, the few days that we had been apart seemed like an eternity. I couldn't wait to see his gorgeous, tousled black hair or feel his strong, muscular arms around me. I felt kind of empty without him, not to mention slightly panicked at the possible prospect of loosing him.

As I walked up the steps of Goode High, I took in my surroundings. I got a few glances from people as I was new but it didn't prepare me for what happened when I walked through the double doors.

I pushed open the doors and walked into the corridor lined with lockers. The eyes of the entire student body turned on me. Conversations stopped abruptly and and heads pointed in my direction.

I began to panic internally. Had I done something wrong? Was there something bad about my outfit? I was wearing my grey top with the silvery outline of an owl on it, it clung to my body in all the right places, a small over-the-shoulder brown, leather bag and black converses. I had no make-up or jewellery on except the owl earrings Percy got for me on my birthday and of course, my camp necklace.

What the Hades was I doing? Annabeth Chase never freaks out. I lifted my head up an looked straight back at the people that were staring at me. Inoticed that the boys were mainly checking me out, the girls without too much make up eyed me with curiosity, and the girls who stood caked in make up and ridiculously revealing clothing looked at me in...envy?

Percy's POV:

How my locker was already strewn with rubbish, I don't know. My locker was open and I glared at it's contents. The open door of the locker thankfully blocked out most of the annoying people around me, including the double doors at the end of the corridor. Unfortunately, my friends next to me could see the shameful mess that my locker was.

"Dude, you've only been here like, 2 minutes, what the hell happened?" came the ever-supportive voice of Tom.

The inside of my locker had pictures from camp taped on it. Most of them were of me and Annabeth. One was after out first quest, we were twelve, had our arms around each other and grinning at the camera. Another was a group photo of Camp Half Blood. There was Grover, Travis, Connor, Katie, Malcom, Will, Thalia, Nico, Clarisse, Chris and practically all of Camp Half Blood to be honest. A few of the faces were painful to look at because they had died in the wars, Silena and Backendorf in particular. Both me and Annabeth still had matching grey streaks in our hair, so it must have been the summer after we saved Annabeth and Artemis. There was also one with some of our newer friends. Leo, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Jason and Reyna smiled at the Camera - Reyna rather coldly, but still smiling, so it counted. I sighed and wished once again, that I was with Annabeth. I always felt incomplete without her bouncy princess curls, intense grey eyes and constant teasing. But even more so after an even-more-life-threatening-than-usual summer, I felt like I needed her and that she was in danger.