Chapter sixteen: dating my best friend

So I guess technically Brad and I were dating now. Who would have thought that Brad and I would ever be a thing? It was so freaking weird dating your best friend. I mean I didn't have to act or pretend I liked something because Brad and I knew each other like the back of our hands. It was a fucking wonderful thing, and it was also the fucking worse thing in the entire world. How? How could it be the worse thing? Well, Brad's a compulsive flirt, and I have a bad case of the wandering eye at times. I never acted, but I looked, and I thought. Brad had to look listen, feel, joke, smirk, and smile. It was incredibly annoying to come back from the bathroom, and find him propped up against the wall, chatting with some hot piece of ass that he had just met.

Now I understand why Dylan was constantly in a pissy mood. Oh, and my favorite, Brad one-liner, "We were just talking." Yeah. You were just talking, and my ass is the portal to fucking Narnia. Usually Brad's incessant flirty attitude didn't bother me in the least bit, but now that Brad and I were technically I guess a thing, it was a pain in my ass.

"Brad," I whistled to him like he was some sort of pet off of a leash. "Come here."

Brad said good-bye to his beach blonde Barbie in a cheerleader uniform, before walking over towards me.

"What babe," Brad said acting all innocent.

"You and Malibu Barbie over there," I said firmly. "Don't do it again."

Brad gave me a devious grin. "She came up to me. I was player of the week, for Christ's sake, Nick. People want to congratulate me."

I let out a laugh. "Yeah I bet they do. She looks ready to drop down to her knees, and really show you how much she loves the Tigers."

"Aww," Brad said clutching his chest. "That's so sweet of her."

I shoved him. "Don't be cute, Brad."

"I love it when you're jealous," he said kissing me square on the lips. "Did she see us kiss? Is Malibu Barbie horrified?"

I rolled my eyes as Brad wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing me again, and again. I couldn't even fight him off. The guy had like a vice grip on me.

"Okay! Okay! Stop," I said as Brad practically ate my face. "People are starting to stare. You're embarrassing me, Brad, and you're spit is all over my face."

"Good," Brad retorted. " Now everyone knows you belong to me, and I to you."

"Well, that's adorable," I heard someone comment from behind us. I glanced behind us to see Dylan standing there, looking all pissy as usual. He was still hot, but thank god, he and I never happened. After hearing about how picky and uptight he was, I'm surprised Brad had stayed with him for so long. I would have dumped his ass a long time ago.

I rolled my eyes. "You're talking to us now. That's a shock."

"Are you two a thing?" Dylan asked feigning surprise. "If so, I would like to be the first to say, I knew it, and congratulations. Now you can suck each other's dicks in public now."

I sucked my teeth. "Where's Sam? You know I really been meaning to talk to you, Dylan. I wanted to know how my leftovers are?"

Dylan smirked. "Oh he's great. We have sex all the time – he's really enjoying having a boyfriend who actually puts out."

Well that was a low fucking blow.

"That must be great. I mean you guys were fucking while we were still together, right? Good job being a slut."

"And you would know all about that, wouldn't you?" Dylan snorted. "You're an expert on fucking behind your boyfriend's back."

"Okay that's enough," Brad jumped in before I did something I would regret. "We all made mistakes."