Showers

A few years had passed. Mommy and daddy has split, and Raeleigh went with her mother to live with her grandparents. Raeleigh was so happy to get out of the house that they had lived in. You couldn't see the floor because it was cluttered with junk. Mother said everything had a purpose, and that it would be a waste to get rid of it. So it piled up on any flat surface. Raeleigh loved living with her grandparents, they had even completely renovated the attic just for them. The facade faded fast. The floor of the attic slowly became covered with trash, the carpet soiled and smelly with cat pee. Raeleigh had to go downstairs to shower because their shower was full of bags of pill bottles. She missed mommy. Mommy was always sleeping. Raeleigh would squeeze her way up onto mommy's bed,  and would inevitably get yelled at and pushed off. Raeleigh started forcing herself to sleep during the day so she could spend time with mommy. When mommy was up, she would be up. Mommy wanted to be alone in her rather small bed, so Raeleigh went to lay in hers. She grabbed and shook the covers, and empty bottles of NyQuil flew off to join the other piles of trash. She noticed a wet spot. The cat. She grabbed a towel off the ground. It was dirty, crusted with who knows what. She gently laid it over the wet stain, and gingerly laid herself down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. A monster held the same position as Raeleigh, under her bed. It's twin had vacated the underneath of mothers bed and was instead wrapped around mother. The outline of the monster faded and became blurry as it's essence seeped into mother.