13 - The Calm before The Storm

As soon as his match with Satsuki ended, he dashed out of the arena and ran to the other stadium with a heavy heart

As soon as his match with Satsuki ended, he dashed out of the arena and ran to the other stadium with a heavy heart. Minutes before his match ended, Rindo held a placard that said: "Yamada Sachiyo is crying". It took everything for him not to go out and sprint towards the female. His eyes are wide and unshed tears glistened against the sun. He was beyond worried. He found someone who made him feel something. The feeling itself was new to him. All his life and time were dedicated solely to cooking but he met her. She who gave him courage despite not having it. He became too attached to her. Too close for his good.

Tsukasa Eishi finally arrived at the backstage of the stadium. Minori's eyes turned slightly to see his arrival. A small smile tugged in his lips as he motioned for him to go closer. Carefully passing the still sobbing female, he went on his way. Eishi, although extremely out of character, caressed the female's head softly. Occasionally untangling some strands of her chestnut colored hair. He whispered things like: "It's alright", "You're gonna be okay", "You are strong". Words that came from his heart that made Sachiyo sob even more. She was nowhere near strong. She wasn't, she isn't, and probably never will. She was a coward to say the least. Hiding behind a cheery facade that makes everyone believe that she has no problems. She was broken. And the only people to see right through her and still be on her side are Rindo and Eishi. She was happy because of them. But even her happiness cannot stop her past the haunts.

"Sachiyo?" Rindo called out in a soft manner, something new for a person like her. The female answered with a sob, still cradled in Tsukasa's arms. In normal situations, Rindo would be smiling creepily and would be teasing her to no end but this wasn't normal. She let a soft sigh before walking to stroke the female and pulling the two in a group hug.

For once, Sachiyo felt at ease...