5 Seconds of Summer

I was startled by the loud sound, but it sounded like it was coming from the...garage? Right now I had to clean up the broken pieces of glass which made me feel so annoyed at how I had to do extra work, and all for those three boys who were probably chatting about gross things.

But what if there was burglar in the house?

I rushed back to where I heard the sound, my heart and mind racing. Well, if I were going to get kidnapped or shot I wouldn't have to join the school fair. When I had reached the place, I became disappointed to know that I was going to fair because Luke had tripped and was now on the floor like the glass I broke. At least I could throw away the glass. Where could I deposit Luke so I wouldn't have to see him?

"Yeah, I'll call you back, mom. Yes, I may have fallen down and ripped my jeans--which isn't a bad thing really. And no, I am not hurt. At least, not my leg," he murmed quietly. "No seriously, I'm fine. Ok, ok fine, see you later. Love you, bye."

Luke slowly stood up from his position while clutching his arm, which seemed to be the one that was hurt, and not his leg as he said.

"You ok?" I asked hurriedly, hoping I could get over him and his injuries.

He seemed so startled that he almost dropped back to the floor again.

"Don't scare me like that," he sighed, still touching his arm, then he looked back. "Oh, what do you want?"

I didn't plan on any of this; getting water, breaking the glass, or the crash. But I did plan to leave and talk to Luke.

"Well," I nervously paced away, to get some space between us. "I just wanted to say sorry."

He looked at me like I was crazy, but turned away after. "It's ok. You didn't have anything to do with me falling, did you? Unless you intended, for me to, by placing these chairs so unevenly."

"Blame the others for not arranging their own seats," I responded as I stifled a laugh. "But do you even know why I said sorry?"

He didn't say anything.

"Well," I placed my hands in my pocket as I tried my best to not make anything awkward. "Sorry for anything I might have done to you in the past that made you angry at me or something."

He forced a laugh. "No, I'm not mad at you. What makes you think that?" he said nochalantly. He didn't even bother to look at me in the eye because he knew he was guilty.

The fact that you loath the sight of me and make sure I notice.

"Just a thought," I couldn't think of anything better to say.

For a moment there, I thought I saw him smile, but the smile disappeared afterwards.

"You don't need to apologise. I'm not mad--nor do I bear any grudge against you either," he shrugged.

I nodded weakly, not understanding why he would even think of holding a grudge against me in the first place.

"So," I said, just as things were beginning to be quiet. "Want to go back already?"

"Sure," he nodded correspondingly.

"Wait! I'm just going to get a few drinks, okay?" I told stopped him before I almost forgot Calum's request. "You can go to the room over there. That's where all of them are," I told him so he could go and enjoy the boy talk that was happening there. Who'd want to watch me pick up the shards from the floor anyway?

But to my surprise, he declined. "I think I'll join you instead, if you don't mind."

"Alright then," I replied, feeling confused.