A Heart To Heart Talk With Calum and Pizza

Cara

      Almost everyone seemed to have the "I'm not feeling well today" syndrome.

The moment I got home, I called up Ashton and we agreed that we'd reschedule next Friday aside from Saturday, since he felt like "barfing". I went to Michael's room and he tried to fake a cough, and I let him. I could have sworn I saw him grab his phone right after.

Mother Calum called to tell me that baby Luke wasn't feeling well because he had to finish the other half of their History paper among with other projects so he couldn't make it. But as soon as I closed the telephone, I got a text from the same person that called.

Are you free today?

I texted him back, telling him that I was.

Wanna grab a snack? He replied within seconds later. I'll pick you up. I just really really need to get out of here. My sister's friends are here and they're going berserk over our batchmate Tommy Fletch. You know, the one whose hair caught on fire?

Oh, I knew him clearly.

I thought for a moment, then my phone lit up again, signalling I had another text.

How about pizza?

I don't know where Calum got his bribing skills, but he sure lured me in.

"What time?"

-

"I'll be home by two p.m!" I shouted at the top of my lungs to my mom who was looking down at me from the next floor. "I'm getting free food!"

"Don't shout or you'll be like your favorite brother!"  I instantly shut up. She knew my dislike for my brother's loudness. "Exactly two p.m, okay? I'll be going out soon so you attend to your sick brother after."

"I think he's very much capable of handling himself.Besides, he's not really sick."

"Really?" her eyes grew wide.

"Maybe!" I shouted, hearing the doorbell ring. "Bye mom!"

"Goodbye dearest mother!" Calum said in high voice almost similar to a ten year old rich girl in an old film.

"Goodbye son who I never want to see again!" I responded back to see that Calum had pouted. "So what do you have in store for me today?"

"We're going for a walk," he chirped.

"To get pizza?" We'd have to run to the nearest pizza place then run back home so I could come home at two to watch over "sick Michael". "I won't last!" I said dramatically.

He cut me off by shoving a small plastic box, which I hadn't noticed he had been holding behind his back all along.

"Pizza!" I waved my arms up in the air. "In a...tupperware?" I was touched by Calum getting me something to eat, but also wondered if the six slices were leftovers. "Thanks though," I smiled. "Didn't know you had the time to do all this."

He replied shyly. "My sister invited her friends over so I kinda stole some from them and put it in there.

He got the tupperware from me and got one slice of pizza out of it.

"Hey!" I frowned.

"You're not the only one who gets hungry!"

-

I heard Calum say something, but I didn't exactly hear what it was about.

He waved his hands in front of my face, and that's when I realized that I stopped walking.