Eyes

Luke

      I knew my date was talking. In fact, I knew she was talking non stop about something that had to do with grass. I needed to at least force myself to listen, but for some odd reason, I just couldn't.

My eyes wandered around, but not too much. Just enough so I could take a peek at anything but the unlit candle serving as the only display. I gave my date a smile once in a while, to reassure her that I was somehow listening to her and her strange obsession with the thing I stepped on on a daily basis, going to school.

As my eyes traveled back to the scene of the restaurant, the figures of two people caught my full attention. I saw a boy with messy brown hair. He carried around a lean stature and--wait. Was it... Ashton? But there was something new about the expression he had on his face that had me thinking what had happened to him. He was happy, no doubt it. He was always happy, that guy. But it was a different kind of joy that radiated from him. This time his eyes gleamed brightly, his animated movements indicated so much liveliness from him that it matched his boisterous laugh. His face was splotched with a cherry color so noticeable, he looked like the fruit itself.

All this for the girl beside him, whom he looked upon like she was far more valuable than the most valuable treasure in the world.

And it brought me back to when someone used to look at me the same way...

"Luke, you stopped eating," the girl in front of me interrupted my thoughts. "Is everything ok?"

"Never been better, Louise. Just listenting to you made me forget about my food." I told her this, knowing I'd earn a slap for lying. Worst excuse I ever conjured up, but she fell for it and told me what a real jokster I was.

"Where was I?" she giggled. "Ah yes...

I made a mental note to give my full attention to my date for a whole day, so I could leave without caring a bit more for the greens below me.

Before pursuing with my duty, I let myself have one last look around, just to see, who might have caused a sparkle in my bandmate's eye.

And when I finally found the reason behind, I understood, and went back to attend to my date.

-

"I'll update today."

-me two days ago

I would've liked to see Cara grilling Sarah (she's on her way to do it), but Luke just had to see them there.

GET READY FOR LUKE'S POV.
;-)

-God Bless!-