Garage

I felt someone shake me.

"Cara, wake up," the person yelled.

"Shut up. It's Saturday." I covered my ears with my pillow, realizing that it was only Michael since he had a tendency to be loud sometimes. He could've at least done it in a more gentle way, but it was like asking Leo to give me his Oscar.

"Whatever. We're going to practice without you then." he smiled slyly.

"Wait, what?" I got up.

He winked. "You heard me."

I gasped, horrified at how mom allowed this to happen. "So you invited them without telling me?"

"Yup! Now if you'll excuse me," he said, backing away slowly. Then just like that, he ran off, forcefully closing the door behind him.

I went to the bathroom feeling a bit hazy from everything. The last thing that stuck to my brain was of me thinking about how dumb that deal was. He could have at least been more creative. But guess who was stupid enough to agree to it anyway despite the terms and conditions I didn't bother to read through?

I washed my face by splashing water on it and disregarding soap, then I quickly went downstairs nobody was there besides my mom and dad, who looked at me strangely.

"Is this some kind of joke, Michael?" I whined.

"Oh, Michael's in the garage." my mom answered, just to let me know I wasn't losing my mind. "He brought his friends along."

I yawned. "Seriously?"

I went straight to the garage, only to see three boys smiling at me. The fourth one seemed to be the most amused.

"You finally made it!" said Michael, like I had taken forever just to change.

"In your pajamas?" Luke added, laughing.

I felt my matching shirt and pants and looked down at my attire. In fairness, it wasn't my embarrassing cat head pajamas my grandma gave me last Christmas. Freaky, but surprisingly comfy.

I blushed. I was so sleepy that I forgot to change.

"Don't laugh, mate." Ashton said to Luke even if he too, looked as if he were going to laugh.

Ashton turned to me right away.

"It's alright. You can go back inside and um...change. We'll wait for you." he smiled as he looked down at my attire. "I think Calum likes your dog head pajamas by the way."

Calum, who happened to sit next to Ashton, replied with a "He's right!"

There was something about Ashton that I always admired even from the start, yet I couldn't place my finger on what it was just yet. Probably because he was always one to show concern for those around him and was so polite and humble about it.

I pushed the thought of him away and made sure to give a harsh glare at Luke instead.

After changing, I went to the garage again, and there they were, talking.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." I flushed.

Luke tapped his foot against the ground several times and looked at his phone as if trying to send a message that he was bored. He succeeded in doing so, and it angered me, but I refused to show it. I didn't want to admit defeat just yet.

"Anyway," Michael said, trying to start a smooth flowing conversation. "Why don't we start already? Cara," he pointed to me. "why don't you take a seat?"

I looked at the area and there was only one chair that wasn't occupied. The one beside Luke.

"I guess you'll have to stay right beside me then." Luke cooed, flicking his lips.