five

"How do you lose a person?!"

Its been atleast an hour since I threw myself behind this barrel and with every minute that passed Uma became more and more enraged. I paid no mind to the girl, my only question being: how could they not have found me yet? I mean come on, I'm literally like 10 feet away and no one has even bothered to look behind this damn barrel.

"I don't know, why don't you tell us, Gideon. How do you lose a person?" Harry taunts, glaring at the poor boy.

"I, um, well. You, uh." the boy stumbles over his words, scratching the back of his head before shrugging.

"Get this idiot off my ship!" Uma growls.

Harry grins wickedly at the boy, dragging him by his collar to the plank. My eyes widen and I gasp as the boy slowly walks toward the edge.

"Please don't do this! I can't swim, Harry!" The boy, Gideon, pleads.

I frown, a sick feeling filling my stomach.

If I don't show myself that boy could drown. If he dies that's on me, I ran away under his watch.

But if I go out there I'll be trapped for who even knows how long. Plus, who knows what they'll do to me simply because I tried to escape.

Just do it, Bev. Are you really gonna let this guy die?

Well..

"Oh, I'm gonna enjoy this!" Harry sighs happily.

Are you seriously going to let him have the satisfaction?

I grunt, inhaling before jumping out from my hiding spot, "Stop!"

All eyes turn to me, an evil smirk settling itself on Uma's face as she slowly pads toward me. Eventually Harry joins her, slowly walking towards me. They're clearly taunting me, trying to intimidate me. Unfortunately for them it isn't working, and Gideon got away.

"If you don't hurry the hell up I promise I will run," I place my hands on my hips, rolling my eyes as Uma cackles evilly. "What's the point of making that hideous noise if it isn't even scary? I mean seriously, if anything you sound like you're trying not to crap yourself."

"You little-"

Harry grabs onto the girl, holding her back from attacking me. I laugh, taking a step forward, "You gonna do something? What's the hold up?"

"Let me go now, Harry!" Uma shouts, struggling in the boy's grasp.

"We need her unharmed, Uma! Calm down, she's only trying to get in your head!"

It seems to be working too.

"Get rid of her before I do!" Uma pulls away from Harry roughly, storming away without as much as a glance my way.