~Two~

Mary looks up from her book to see Archie walking through the door. "Hey, kiddo, what are you doing up so late?"

"I was waiting for you." Mary says as Archie walks over to her.

"Alright, well up you get, time for bed." Archie picks the girl up and carries her towards the stairs.

"How was your night out?" Mary asks, causing Archie to give a small smile. "Dad?"

"Joey's having a hard time, you know that."

"Was he okay?"

"Just sad. I think it's because he misses his wife." Mary nods as she gives a big yawn.

"We should do something to make him feel better." Mary says, causing Archie to nod.

"Yeah, we'll see, hun." Mary wraps her arms around him and sighs.

"I think I'm getting a bit big for you to carry me, dad." He chuckles and lays her down on her bed.

"No, sweetheart, if you're getting too big for me to carry then you're growing up and we can't have that can we?" She giggles as he begins to tickle her.

"No, daddy!" She giggles as he tickles her all over. "Daddy!"

"Say uncle."

"Never!"

"Then face the consequences." She giggles breathless giggles before nodding.

"Okay, okay, uncle!" He chuckles and moves back.

"Alright, now you need to sleep." She smiles up at him as he pushes back her bangs out of her face.

"Okay, night, dad." He smiles and kisses her forehead.

"Night, sweetheart, love you." She smiles up at him.

"I love you too." Archie walks towards the door and turns the lights off, when he turns back he sees that Mary is already fast asleep. He chuckles before closing the door and making his way towards his bedroom.

~

"Okay, Mary, I'm ready. What do you think?" Mary smiles as she sees Archie's outfit.

"I love it." She says just as a knock sounds on her door.

"I'll get it." Archie opens the door and sees Manny standing there. "I thought, seeing how I am going to a party tonight to have fun I figure why not let you have more fun rather than to hang out with Joey's family," Archie says as he lets Manny in. "So I asked Manny if she would like to hang out with you tonight, have a girl's night."

"Emma's not with you?" Mary asks.

"No, she wanted to see a documentary on tv. Mr. Simpson, I was actually going to see if you would mind if Mary joins me to hang out with our friend Tony. His parents will be there of course." Archie looks at Mary before smiling.

"Not at all, you two kids have fun. I'll see you maybe tonight unless you sleep over at Manny's or are already in bed here." Archie kisses her forehead before heading out the door.

"Cool, come on, Toby only lives right down the road, so we can walk."

"Okay." The two head out the door and make their way down the road.

"So, your dad seems nice." Mary smiles and nod.

"Yeah, he's really great. He's the best dad I can ever ask for." Manny smiles.

"That's cool. He seems cool. I wish my parents were like that." Mary frowns and looks down at her hands.

"Archie's not really my dad." Manny glances at Mary as she says this. "I was adopted. My real parents... they weren't cool like Archie, so I really did get lucky when getting Archie for a dad."