Chapter 6: Waking Up Without You

Chapter 6: Lion on the Hunt for the Mouse

Morning:

It was nearly 10:30 when I woke up. I look around for Josh and I seen no one. I was hoping to wake up to the boy staring at me like he had the past morning, but, instead, I woke up to a half made up bed.

I began to smell something delicious. I make my way out of the bed and down stairs where I smelled this amazing fragrant of food. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard a beautiful harmony of someone humming a tune of a song that seemed familiar. It was all peaceful in the house. And this was all that I had heard. I walk into the kitchen, and suddenly my eyes widen and my face became red. I peep in to see Josh shirtless fixing breakfast and humming softly the familiar tune.

He looks over as if he had heard me. And he flashes me that smile. As the morning sun rise shining in the kitchen window onto his sun-kiss skin, his beautiful blue eyes, and his smile just was beautiful and amazing.

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

"Erm... Good morning."

"So I bet you liked your wake up call of the breakfast smell huh."

"Umm, actually, I liked seeing you."

"Oh really?"

He winks at me and walks towards me.

"So you liked the sight of me shirtless huh? "

He grabs my sides and pulls me close and firm to his body. With every muscle he had, my eyes couldn't stops gleaming back and forth at them.

"I... Erm... Didn't mean it like that... I meant just being able to see you in the morning... That's all."

"Well from the looks of it, you seemed to like both."

He glimpses a smile at me and winks at me once again.

"Is there something wrong with your eyes? You seem to have a twitching problem?"

"Haha very funny, you should know I was winking."

"Oh no, I'm sure there is something wrong" I say sarcastically.

"Whatever cupcake. So I was thinking, do you want to go see your dad in the hospital?"

"Oh, Josh, wow, I can't believe you'd want to go with me."

"Well our dads are best friends, remember."

"Yea, but sure, and thank you."

"You're welcome cupcake."

We went to the kitchen table and say down to eat the breakfast Josh had just made. Still shirtless as ever, his sun kissed skin glows with lust. I try not to stare but he really makes it hard. I finish eating after a silent breakfast. No words had been spoken after the motion of my father.

Josh turns to look at me and he smiles.

"What? I said in curiosity"

"It's nothing cupcake, just seeing how amazing it was to wake up to you beside me this morning felt so right, I almost forgotten what it felt like to have you by my side, but you suddenly reminded me, and it's something I won't ever forget again."

I began to blush and my face was apple red. He walks over to me and grabs my waist and pulls me into a hug.

"I've never felt this way before with anyone cupcake."

He told me this in a whisper, and I hugged him tighter. Thoughts running through my mind, not knowing what to say. Him wanting to go with me to see my dad in recovery, and now he's telling me how he feels. This morning was a lot to take in. It's truly left me breathless.

I struggle to make my way out of hugging him because I never wanted to let go. He's charming and sweet and I love him holding me.

"Thank you, for everything Josh."

"Welcome cupcake, it's the least I can do. I'll always take care of you, after all you are my princess."

His words made my heart stop, his voice made everything clarity. I finally kept wondering why I hadn't met him before. Why I couldn't have been so close to this boy, why I couldn't have felt this way with anyone. It all suddenly hit me like a freight train, and it left me thoughtless. I couldn't think of any reason why I'd never became close with him considering our dad were close.

He began to take my hand as I look up to his eyes and smile. He led me upstairs and said I'd better get ready so we could visit my dad. It seemed Josh really had his heart set on speaking with my dad, and I couldn't figure out why that was.

"Be ready in a few cupcake."

I started towards my room I'd been staying in looking for something to wear, it appears Josh had already managed to lay me out an outfit. I don't know when he had the time to do this, but he some how managed to.

It was a black V-neck tshirt that was slim fitted against my body. A pair of faded dark skinnies and a pair of black converse. I had straightened my long hair and put it halfway up. I had no makeup on because I felt I never needed it. Josh seen my beauty for me, and it's like I felt free enough to look like myself.

Josh walked out of his room into mine to see me running my fingers through my hair getting the leftover tangles out.

His hair was messy just as gorgeous as it could be. He was wearing a black shirt with a denim jacket and dark jeans, he had combat black boots on underneath his jeans. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on my cheek. I've never felt so happy to be bringing someone who meant so much to me to meet my father. He's made my life magical and extraordinary.

As we both were ready he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the room.

"Cupcake, you look gorgeous."

"Thank you, so do you."

He pulls me closely into a hug. He leans in and kissed me on my forehead softly. As he runs his hand down my arm and locks his fingers into mine, the world seemed like a better place. We began to walk down stairs, and he smiled at me before we walked out the door and walked over and got into the car.