Chapter Three: Skipping Rocks

I nudge Josh's arm, and shoved him to the bottom of the bed.

"Sorry"

"Yea, it's ok Josh, I just don't think you should try anything I mean, your still with your girlfriend."

"Yea I know cupcake, but your so perfect."

I started to blush at his words.

"And plus I don't think I like you that way."

He stares at me blankly. He just stood up and told me goodnight and left the room.

"Oh boy, did I just screw up by saying that!"

I lay down on the bed and begun to fall asleep. It was only an hour later I had woken up. I couldn't sleep. My door had been open and I could see Josh's bedroom door. It was shut. As much as I wanted to go wake him up, I don't budge. I kept telling myself, that I would feel bad for doing so. I didn't want to wake him up.

I got up and reached my door frame. I began to think whether I should go wake him up, or not. I mean I know he told me to if I couldn't sleep, but something in me made me feel empty and bad for it.

I think Josh heard me walking around. Cause next thing I hear his voice.

"You ok?"

"Yea, I just can't sleep that's all."

I seen him open his door. his hair was all messy. He was still very cute though. I wanted to run and hug him. Before I could he had already had his arms wrapped around me.

"You want something to eat cupcake?"

"Um, I guess so."

We made our way down stairs. He had his arm around me as we were walking. I look up to a room I had not been in yet. The kitchen. It was bright, and felt like home. I brought my self to sit on the counter top that was dark granite.

"So what do you have in mind?"

"I really have no idea."

He had gotten something out of the freezer that looked like ice cream. It was!

"You up for any ice cream?"

"Yes!!! Of course I am!"

He smiled as he seen that he made me happy.

I walked over to the kitchen table that was high up and had bar stools for the seats. As I sat down Josh had taken a seat across from me.

"So, you really like ice cream huh?"

He could tell cause I was hogging it like I was starved.

"Yea, I mean why wouldn't I? It's ice cream!"

He smiled at me and made his way to the couch as he had gotten up from the table. I could see him almost dozing off, as he was sitting up.

I walk over to sit with him as I finished my ice cream. He was nearly asleep. As he felt me sit next to him, he jumped a little, I was guessing from shock. He had goosebumps on him and was shaking like he was cold. I began to move over closer to him.

His reaction was cute. He quickly wrapped his arms around me without any hesitation.

All I could do was smile and smile. He noticed that his actions made me smile. I heard him whisper under his breath; "damn."

I looked at him in a curious way. He soon realized I heard him. All he did was just hold me tighter and pull me closer.

"Cupcake...."

"What is it?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."