Chapter Two: Finding the Real Josh

As I enter into a state where I'm frozen he looks down at me and smiles. He walks off and starts up the stairs.

I sit there with blushing cheeks. I sat there for a bit before I fall asleep, from the lack of sleep I had from being in the forest for three days.

A couple hours later. I wake up but I don't not open my eyes. I feel the couch sunken in like someone was sitting beside of me. I pretended to be asleep. I had a feeling it had been Josh. Knowing I was right as I hear him whisper words under his breath.

"Lord she's so beautiful. What am I doing with a girl like her here?, am I insane. My dad will kill me if he finds out. I know if mom were still here she would love Xandria's company."

I thought to myself saddened as he said, if his mom were still here. I began to fake wake up. As I open my eyes, to see the stunned boy as if he's seen sleeping beauty. But instead my look was the same at him. He's been wearing a snug grey muscle shirt that fit his muscular body perfect. With is tan skin, the lit fire in the fire place that reflected onto him, just made him more appealing to me. His eyes sparkling like diamonds.

I sat up more onto the couch until my knees were Indian style, and my back was rubbed against his chest. He seemed not to mind I had practically been laying on him. I look up to find a smirk on his face that he couldn't seem to make go away. Then it happened he wrapped his arms around me, and I felt so safe, so secure. Was this feeling normal for a girl like me and a guy like him? Does he notice I have interest in him? He has to I mean it's written all over me. Ugh...

I'm just gonna nickname myself "little miss obvious!"

"So are you excited for tomorrow night?

Just remembering that he asked me if I had plans as I look at the clock to see it was only 9:30 pm. I still look blank because I don't know where he might take me at all. No clue what so ever, I mean I barely know the guy.

"Yea, but, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see doll face, it's a surprise."

I smile at him and nod my head as I lay it back onto his chest, which I can now hear the thudding heart beat coming from his broad built chest.

He sat there with a blank and sickening face for a while.

"Are you okay?"

He zoned back into the real word as he heard my question.

"Umm, yea. Listen I need to be alone for a while, is that okay? If not ill stay here and comfort you, I mean geez this has to be the closest you've been to a person in four days."

I blushed. I never did reply to him though, which lead him to think something was wrong with what he said to me.

"I'm sorry did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just, I'm glad that you found me Josh."

He began to blush and looking down to the floor, I take it he was hoping I wouldn't see his red flushed cheeks.

"Yea, I'm glad I found you too."

He made it sound like we were a couple as he had cooed it.

"Is it ok if I want you to stay here? I haven't had this much comfort in almost a week."

"Sure thing doll face, I just needed to think about something, but maybe it better to talk to you about it? Is that okay?"

"Sure, of course Josh you can talk to me about anything."

"Okay, so um I must tell you I have a girlfriend."

Hearing this I quickly pull my self away from him and onto the love seat as far as I could.

" No listen, Xandria, please. She cheating on me, and I need advice on how to break up with her."

I probably look like a complete idiot right now as I blankly look at him.

"Dump that sorry a--. Break her heart as I know from looking at you she has yours."

"We'll yea, but I don't want to be a jerk about it all. We've been together for a year now."

My god, this guy is lovable.

"We'll just tell her that you know what she's been doing and that, you can't find the heart to forgive her for it."

"That sounds good. Thanks Xandria."

"Yea well what can I say I'm a miracle worker!"

He chuckled at my little cockyness.

"And you told me to stop being cocky? Look at you"

I quickly stop laughing and got serious and a little tense when he had said that.

"Wow sorry, don't take it the wrong way Xandria I was messing with you."

I smile at him. He knew I was being sarcastically serious. I couldn't be mad at the guy I mean he found me when I was lost.

"Ik Josh I was messing with you you butt head."

He chuckles, and collided with me into a hug of warmth. There we were sitting on a love seat hugging. What's next Xandria, I thought to myself...

"So, are you getting sleepy?"

"No, I'm fine Josh. I've caught up a little on my sleep already."

"Yea but for three nights with none at all, you need more doll face."

"Can you stop calling me doll face, I hate it."

"Alright then..... Cupcake."

I look at him with one of those two year old pouted out lip where they don't get what they want. He laughed his way into the floor in fetal position, almost in tears from laughing so hard. I believe I almost joined him.

He finally got up and took a breath. He looked at me and got up to his feet. He had reached for my hand, and pulled me up then, he apparently decides its ok to just throw me over his shoulder while he's at it. He carries me up the stairs into a bedroom is had previously seen. It was mine that I was staying in. He reached the inside of the room and layed me down gently onto the bed which was comfortable and was covered with a white bed comforter.

"So you ready for bed now?"

I'm curious what way he meant that... He studies my face for a minute until he just realized that I took it in the wrong way.

"Um, I.. I didn't mean for that to sound bad. I just figured you were just being to lazy to walk your self up stairs into your room."

" hahaha, I begin to laugh. It's ok Josh, I get it. You want me!, I say sarcastically."

He begins to pout.

"I was kidding Josh!!!"

"I know cupcake."

Realizing he had now had a new nickname for me, it sound cute to my ears. So this one I let him by with.

"So my room is right across from yours if you need me or can't sleep. Ill get up and fix you some food and a glass of warm milk to help you sleep if you need me too."

Dang this guy was too good to be true, too good to exist. He was perfect. He was sweet, gentle, and kind. How did I end up in this situation!?!?

"Ok, ill be sure to wake you up for food tonight."

"Thanks, cupcake."

"Welcome"

He sits down beside me on my bed.

For a minute we were staring into each others eyes and the next, I seem him leaning in...