Could History Repeat Itself?

"Corrine look at me please." He was rubbing my back and I loved his touch.
"It's true, I'm not happy and don't want to have a baby this way."
"What way?"
"Like my parents...ok!!!" By this time I was sobbing, everything was coming to the surface.
"Baby you are going to have to fill me in on this one...please." Zak was so confused. "Come on, sit up...come here." He grabbed me and gently rocked me back and forth until I calmed down. I then sat up and wiped my tears...
"Now, what are you talking about?"
"I was the product of a one night stand...my mother was a drunk playboy model and my dad was a rich bachelor, they met at a party and Ta-Da!"
"Well...ok...now I see where you get the body.." he just chuckled..and I looked at him, and I wasn't laughing.
   "Sorry, you're not ready for jokes just yet..." he kissed my head.
"They never really wanted me Zak...my dad only married my mother out of trying to do the right thing...but he cheated on her constantly...my aunt and uncle took me in by my teens, because I was out of control, as you already know."
   "What makes you think they didn't want you?"
   "I got into it with my mother a few years ago...she drinks, a lot. I went over to check on her cause I hadn't seen her in a while...I got onto her about the drinking...we started yelling, then she told me everything...I haven't spoken to her since." I just sat there..and Zak was getting a much better understanding of me, my fucked up life, and why I poured my heart and soul into everything I did...work wise.
   "Listen, all of that made you who you are Corrine...tough as nails, hot as hell, very hard headed, rich and successful...like me." he grinned, and I did laugh at that for a second. "We all have a purpose, mine is taking on demons, communicating with spirits, trying to figure out the afterlife...and yours is to obviously meet me, and drive me insane, emotionally and physically."  He laughed and so did I, again. He was making me feel better...but then a thought entered my mind, and I let him know exactly how I felt..
    "Don't stay with me because of this pregnancy, I don't want that. Please, don't feel obligated about anything..I can raise this kid, and you can be as involved or uninvolved as you want..."
   "Corrine, I'm staying no matter what...I love you, and wanted to marry you before you got pregnant. I meant everything I said the night of that party. I'm ready to settle, and this just makes it that much sweeter." He leaned in and kissed me, I felt my body shift and he laid me back onto the bed, and started to kiss my neck and chest softly.
   "Zak...history can repeat itself you know."
    "Not here, not with me..I'm no cheater, you are not an alcoholic...we aren't your parents, and I would never turn my back on you or this child." He kept kissing me.
    "Zak..." I slightly pushed him away and he laid on top of me, staring..
    "Yeah, Corrine?" He then let out a frustrated sigh...he didn't want to stop, but was afraid that's what I was about to say....he looked into my eyes.
   "Take me, like the night on our camping trip."
    "I don't want to hurt you or the baby.."
     "The doc gave us the green light...so go!" I started to laugh.
    "If you say so."
Billy and Kelli were at the dinner table and then heard me moan, and scream yes just a few times.
    "Well, I think they made up pretty well." Billy was turning red. "That, or she just likes agreeing with him a lot."
    "Wow..these walls are thin...oh my god." Kelli put her hand over her mouth.
     "What?!"
     "If we can hear them, they could hear us this whole time...oh how embarrassing." She turned a shade of pink and put her head down on the table.
     "Well, it's done now, and believe me...if Zak heard us...he's returning the favor ten fold...I know him. Show off.." Billy shook his head, he and Kelli started to laugh and retreated to the kitchen with the dishes.
    "Oh my god Zak.." I was so happy and what a release.
    "Yeah, wow...did you learn something new? Cause damn woman." He started to laugh.
    "I'll save my best moves for the honeymoon, you have no idea Bagans." I caught myself...and just laid there...we were silent for a few moments when...
    "Really? so I guess I don't need to get down on one knee and ask then?"  He had reached over to the nightstand, fumbled around for something, and then held up one finger...

    "Was that a yes?" Zak was smiling so big, waving his finger back and forth.
     "Zak, what are you?"
    "Corrine...marry me...please." He slipped it on my finger. There I was lying in bed wearing nothing but that huge diamond. I turned to him...
"It's gorgeous...I...yes." And I kissed him.
"I've been carrying that around for awhile now." Zak breathed a sigh of relief, while I laid there in his arms, with my hand held in the air just staring at that sparkling piece of jewelry.
"How long have you you had this? When were you going to ask?"
"I've had it a while, and I was hoping to ask you the night of Billy and Kelli's little marriage/party thingy...but I could tell you just weren't there yet..."
"Oh god...you were feeling it out that night we were together weren't you?"
"Yep...but hey, it's all about timing right?"
"Meaning now that I'm knocked up it's the perfect time?" I sat straight up and turned to him with a slight scowl on my face.
"Corrine, don't start...you know..." and I started to smile.
   "Gotcha!" I said.
   "Oh you are so damn in for it, come here..."and we stared over again. Zak could take me places no one else ever could.
     Billy and Kelli were cleaning the kitchen when they heard our laughing and moans of pure pleasure, again.
    "Wow, again?...so how about a walk around the city?" Kelli was a bit uncomfortable and so was Bill.
     "Fine with me, they need privacy." Billy laughed, and grabbed Kelli's hand...they left for coffee and a walk.
The next morning I awoke to a quiet penthouse. Kelli and Billy had taken an early flight back to LA, and Zak was nowhere to be found. I grabbed me some orange juice and headed toward the balcony. I stepped out to see all of New York looking right back at me...it hit me. I'd failed, I'd failed the company and my uncle. I had to let him know what was going on...I called Meagan to pick me up...I got dressed and headed down to the office.
"Are you ok to come in?" Meagan asked worried on the ride over.
"Yes...I've got to try, and I need to call Uncle James....fill him in."
Zak returned to the penthouse, he'd gone on an early morning errand, breakfast for me and a surprise. He noticed the bedroom a mess and he knew I'd left.
"Damn it...she went to that fucking office." He started to dial...
I looked down at my phone on my lap in the car, and knew I'd be in for a lecture. I answered in mid sentence, trying to diffuse the situation.
"Zak don't start laying into me, please."
"Damn it Corrine, you can't be under any stress like that!" He was so loud, there was no need to put him on speaker.
"I need to make an appearance, and I've got to call my uncle. I doubt your network would let you just "be gone" for almost three weeks with no word." Zak was quiet, against his gut, he knew I was a little right.
"Fine, but don't stay all day...better yet, I'm on my way to make sure you don't stay past lunch. You and this baby are at risk...and if they can't.."
"I'm not telling ANYONE I'm pregnant yet...you got that?!"
"Why?"
"Professional and personal reasons...just let me handle things Zak, please."
"Alright, but I'm still on my way...you need breakfast anyway...I love you!" He hung up, with and angry but calmer version than when I first answered.
"That went well, so we aren't spilling the beans yet?"
"No, and hey...what about you and Aaron?"
"He's so sweet, and sends me the sexiest..."
"Ok...nope never mind..." I started to laugh, I didn't need all the personal sexting details of their relationship.
"Sorry, I'm dying to see him again.." Meagan was grinning.
"Then go...I'll pay for the flight..."
"Really?"
"Yes, if there's one thing I've learned, when you find one that's worth holding onto, hold onto him. This is a great group of guys...Aaron is sweet and well worth it."
"Corrine thanks so much.."
"Anytime!"
We walked in and I was greeted very warmly by everyone...welcome back, glad your are feeling better. I surprised everyone by my return, and I got a surprise myself. I opened the door to my office, as my chair behind my desk swung around...my jaw just dropped.