Damon Salvatore

Damon Salvatore
ft Stefan
w: major angst!
song based

down - jason walker

⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

I'm tired of waiting hoping that I'll find what I've been chasing. I shot for the sky. I'm stuck on the ground so why do I try, I know I'm gonna fall down I thought I could fly, so why did I drown? Not ready to let go...

✿.。.:* ☆

↠ Damon when, he talks to you on the brink of death

Damon when, he talks to you on the brink of death...

ʻʻI still look good,don't I?ʼʼ Damon hoarsely asks with a wink.

You chuckle, small despite your teary eyes. A hand brushes his hair back ʻʻOf course you doʼʼ

He leans into your touch and swallows thickly ʻʻGood coz I'd hate to die looking like death. No pun intendedʼʼ A frail smirk graced his pale lips followed by a hoarse cough.

ʻʻGlad to see your humour is still very much intactʼʼ a small smile passes your lips, the corners however pulled with sadness.

You stand to leave the bed to get Damon some more blood when his weak fingers grasp your wrist light enough to feel ghostly but you stop and look at the older Salvatore.

He shifts to sit upright and you help him as Damon stares at you.
ʻʻYou know I've spent a century or so pining over Katherine. I tried so hard to find that... bitch! I was chasing after someone that fooled me and my brother and then.ʼʼ

He exhales slowly, eyes as blue as the ocean staring at you like you were everything.  He licks his lips and whispers ʻʻand then there's you. Y/n you make it all seem betterʼʼ
His words were laced with a sincerity which made your heart thump a little faster and your eyes well up with salty tears

ʻʻI should have done this sooner but I was too stupid, too afraid.ʼʼ  Damon drank you in as he slowly leant in so you followed and pressed your lips against his. A warm feeling flooded your body as you kissed the man that was a little broken but beautiful.

His fingers loosely touched your cheeks. Before you pulled apart and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

ʻʻThat's a good way to goʼʼ He attempted a smirk. And you frowned
ʻʻShut upʼʼ

You noticed Damon was slipping in and out of consciousness which worried you further.

ʻʻHey,hey. Damon,stay awakeʼʼ you place your hands on the side of his face with a panic in your voice. The vampire opens his eyes again, drifting... ʻʻtell,Stefan I'm sorryʼʼ

ʻʻDamon,hey. You can tell him yourself when he gets back. Damon!
Please stay awake.ʼʼ desperation and anxiety shot through you and you felt like you couldn't breathe fast enough. Tears continued to fall from your eyes,strolling down your cheeks ʻʻDamon...ʼʼ

ʻʻSsh ssshʼʼ his eyes struggled to stay open, a hand of his barely held your face.

ʻʻYou're gonna have to let go,Y/nʼʼ
Damon croaked out weakly.

You held his limp hand against your face there supporting it but most of all wanting to hold onto him.

ʻʻDon't miss me too muchʼʼ he cheekily said and you could almost picture him punctuating it with a wink if he could.

Damon's eyes fluttered closed, shuting you out from the blue in them.

Dread, pure dread surged through you as Damon's hand fell to his lifeless body. Your eyes widened and your heart plummeted to the ground as realization sunk in.

ʻʻDamon...ʼʼ you called shaking him.

You were sobbing now ʻʻDamon! Please wake up.ʼʼ

Your heartbroke when you got no response ʻʻPlease no! Stay with me,Damon. Y-you have to stay with me. Damon I need youʼʼ You shook him harder this time.

You swore you could feel the moment your heart cracked and then shattered right in that very room where he layed,dead... as you choked out sobs. ʻʻDamon... I'm not ready to let go.ʼʼ you achingly whispered to the quiet room.

It felt like you were drowning as you stared at his lifeless form when
S

tefan Salvatore,younger brother of Damon's rushed in hearing your cries upon his return.

Stefan prayed that he wasn't too late even though deep down he knew.
He stopped at the threshold, eyes wide as he took in Damon dead and you on the floor crying.

Stefan felt like the world he knew had just been torn apart. It didn't feel real. ʻʻNo no no. Damon dammit! wake upʼʼ he yelled, dropping the vial of Klaus Mikealson's blood , the blood of a hybrid, the only cure to a werewolf bite.

The vial crashed to the floor just like his heart and yours. It scattered on Damon's rug no doubt which he'd have complained about if he was alive.

You glanced away from the blood seeping into the rug and then at Stefan whom was mourning against his brother.

ʻʻI'm so sorry,Stef. He's gone.ʼʼ

The younger Salvatore looked at you, his eyes red and filled with tears. ʻʻDamon's gone...ʼʼ you said again, crying some more.

So Stefan went over to you and knelt down. Slowly he cradled you in his arms and you both grieved.

ʻʻDamon, was supposed to live. He died protecting meʼʼ you wailed out in pain as Stefan attempted to calm you. ʻʻY/n it's gonna be okay.ʼʼ

You knew it was a lie but Stefan was hopeful. He was grasping at empty straws with hope.

ʻʻNo it's not. How can it be?!ʼʼ you were drowning in a hell.

Stefan's lips trembled as he held you tighter. ʻʻWe're gonna be okay.ʼʼ

You knew that was far from the truth. Stefan Salvatore would never be okay after the passing of his brother and neither would you Y/n Y/l/n survive the pain of losing the man you loved...

•|•|•

a/n:
The emotions went hard today uff the angst is heavy. Sorry ya'll but i wanted to write a damon death scene and so here you go.

 Sorry ya'll but i wanted to write a damon death scene and so here you go

- Adeela J
28th July 2017
Posted: 2 Nov 2017