Chapter 16: It's Over

Salem POV

I've been over at Sam's for the last four hours. He's been trying to make me feel better but that's not happening.

Sam- I know this is weird.. I should be the last one trying to help you.. but I still want to be in your life.

He sighed.

Sam- So by being your friend, I want to help you.

I sniffled.

Salem- You can't. Tyler doesn't want me anymore.

Sam- He's just mad. He loves you.

I looked up at Sam and could tell he was being sincere. Next thing I know, I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I pressed my lips onto Samuel's. He kissed back but only for a second before pulling away.

Sam- Salem.. don't.

I wiped my eyes.

Salem- I'm sorry, Sam..

Sam- It's okay. But look, as much as I hate him, I wanna help you get Tyler back. I really want you happy an clearly that's what you are when you're with him.

Salem- Seriously?

Sam- Yea.

I threw my arms around Sam's neck and hugged him. After letting go, I pecked his cheek.

Salem- Thank you. So much. For being here for me and being so understanding. You're great Sam.

He smiled a little.

Sam- Anything for you.

30 Minutes Later..

Sam- Go ahead. I'm right in the car.

Salem- No, Sam. You can go home. If he talks, great. If not, I can walk home. I mean, I'm only two houses down.

He nodded.

Sam- Right, right.

He began to prepare to drive but he looked at me.

Sam- Call me or text me and let me know what happens.. okay?

I nodded.

Salem- Thank you so much, again.

He nodded and drove off. I turned and faced Tyler's house and began to walk up the pathway. I stopped at the door because I was so nervous.

As I was about to knock, i heard a car behind me and I turned to see Tyler getting out of Jasper's car.

Jasper sped off and when Tyler saw me, he pretended he didn't. I stood in front of his door.

Salem- Tyler.. can we talk? Please?

Tyler began to mumble.

Tyler- There's nothing to fucking talk about. You chose Sam over me. The nigga that's been fucking up your life and mine for the last year. So I'm fucking over it Salem.

Salem- So what you're saying is we're over? For good?

He sighed.

Salem- Really? Sam's changed, Tyler. He isn't going to cause us anymore fucking trouble! That's why I couldn't kill him! And that's why I stopped you!

Tyler turned to me.

Tyler- But you still said you loved him-

Salem- It was a lie! Tyler, who have I been with for the last year and 2 months? Obviously not Sam!

Tyler- Salem, just leave.

Salem- See, you can't handle the fucking truth!

Tyler- Salem, we're over. Leave, damn it!

Salem- BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT SOMEONE TO DIE FOR NO REASON? GOD, WHO CARES WHAT HE'S DONE IN THE PAST! HE ISN'T DOING IT ANYMORE! SO YOU'RE SAYING IT'S OVER FOR NO REASON!

Tyler- FUCKING LEAVE!

He got in my face that time when he yelled. I felt tears stinging the brim of my eyes. I could only manage a tiny voice.

Salem- Fine. If that's what you really want. Don't text or call me, don't come around me anymore.. don't do anything that has to do with me. I fucking love you Tyler, and you're gonna do me like this?

He put his head down and turned towards his door.

Salem- Don't ask for me back, because you won't get me.