Professor Oak is the Worst Grandfather Ever!

WTF Moment: Professor Oak and your Rivals introduction.

Written by: Rose

Corresponding Game(s): FireRed/LeafGreen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Leaf and Red strided into the Pokemon lab calmly to where two people waited. One was elderly, his grey hair a mess. Beside him was a boy around their age with spiky orange hair wearing a black shirt and purple pants.

Red and the Spiky haired boy glared at each other, Leaf rolled her eyes at their immaturity and continued farther into the lab.

The greying man cleared his throat and spoke roughly, "Hello there! Glad to meet you two! Welcome to the world of pokemon."

Red cocked his head at the professor, and with his usual iced expression, "Uh, We've lived here our entire lives professor-"

"DONT INTERUPT HIM!!!" The other boy yelled, receiving a good hit in the back of the head from Leaf.

"Don't yell at him! He was just stating the obvious that the professor got wrong!" Leaf scolded, pulling a lock of her chocolate hair behind her ear.

"M-may I continue?" The professor said hesitantly, " My name is Oak. People affectionately refer to me as the pokemon professor. This world..." Oak trailed off as he reached in his lab coat pocket for a small red an white capsule.

Opening it up in a blinding white light, a small pale blue Nidoran popped out and rubbed itself against Professor Oak, "Is inhabited far and wide by creatures called pokemon. For some people, Pokemon are pets. Others use them for battle!"

Red nudges his neighbor, Leaf, and whispered in her ear, "Why do we have to hear what we already know?"

She turned to him and muttered back, "No idea but he makes battling with pokemon sound abusive."

"As for me, I study pokemon as a profession." Kneeling down he tapped the pokeball against the Nidoran's head to return it. Standing slowly back to his feet he continued, "But first, tell me a little about yourselves. Also tell me which one of you is a boy and which one of you is a girl?"

The three teenagers facepalmed at the professor's blindness until Leaf raised her hand, "I am the girl... And my name is Leaf, Leaf Green."

Red slowly raised his hanging head up to look at the professor with his obsidian eyes, "I'm the guy, and my name is Red. Red Fire."

"Alright! Now we also have names out of the way! Now..." He motioned to the spiky orange haired boy next to him, "This is my beloved and only grandson. He's been your rival since you children were babies. Now Erm,.. What was his name again?"

All three of the children anime fell to the ground, "ARE YOU SERIOUS GRANDPA?! YOU CANT EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME!!"

"You are a horrible grandfather!" Leaf cried in disgust.

Red on the other hand took advantage of this situation, "His name is... Poo..." A devilish grin widened across his usually stone hard expression.

"So his name is Poo!"

"NO!" 'Poo' screamed in anger and panic, "Leaf! Please! Tell him my real name!!" He graveled to his female rival.

After all that shit you pulled on me since we were kids? No way. Leaf thought to herself and opened her mouth, "No, that is not his name. His real name is Anus."

Red's smile grew while horror sunk in to 'Anus'. Oak just smiled joyously, "Thank you children for helping me there. So Anus and you two are about you embark on your first pokemon journey--"

"NO! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!! My name is Green! Like Leaf's last name! GREEN OAK! Please don't do this to me!!!" The orange haired boy broke out into sobs, breaking his usual character of a cool headed ego-maniac.

Leaf patted him on the shoulder with an evil gleam in her caramel eyes, "Don't be embarrassed about your name Anus... Remember, Professor Oak was the one who couldn't even recall his beloved and only grandsons name..."

~~~

A/N: Hey! I actually posted a chapter!! XD But yeah, this scene has been a topic since these games came out and I thought we had to hit it at some point. Hope you enjoyed!

Read. Vote. Comment.

~A. Rose