Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ryder POV

"What is Demi doing here?" I asked

"She's moving in with us" he said and I groaned in annoyance, it's most likely that when every she-wolf finds it's mate, the she-wolf would move in her mates house, in a higher rank is tradition but lower ranks it's optional.

"We have enough people in this house, plus we have a situation to deal with!" I said and he tilted his head back and groan because I was annoying him

"Then another person would only help our situation" he said and opened the door to see the Demi Jackson and Samuel Jackson behind him.

"Beta Sam, Demi" I said and nodded my head, Demi had the brightest smile on her face. She didn't look anything like her brother, She had black hair and big blue eyes with her thin nose and small shoulders, a small body , Sam had Black hair and brown eyes, his nose was a little thicker and he has broad shoulders. They step inside my house and sat on the couch. Rylan walked to the couch and forgot to close the door, I rolled my eyes and was about close the door when Kayden was walking up the steps of my front porch.

"Alpha" I said shocked that he was here

"Ryder" he smiled

"Why are you here?" I asked giving him a hug

"Well, I can't let my best friend drop off her little sister at his mates house alone, now can I?" he said

"I guess you can't" I said and smiled, he walked in and I closed the door behind him, I walked to the back yard and sat down on the deck of my back yard. I was starting at the Forrest and hearing the sounds of the birds chirping and the wind blowing.

"What your doing out here?" Kayden said

"Nothing, I just.......cant be in there with out exploding" I said he sat next to me

"What's wrong?" he asked with his arm around me, it made me feel like I was safe.......for some reason........I felt like I belong to be in his arms.

"Too many people are going to be living in my house, I don't mind Demi living with us but I don't want her to live with us because we have a situation in the house." I said

"What situation?" he asked I froze can I tell him? no, no I can't I want to find Kevin myself and kill him for wanting my mates power. I can't let him know, not now at least.

"Family situations" I said and shrugged He pulled me closer to him and I smiled.

"Why don't you live with me?" He said and my eyes Widen, he wants me to live with him! I don't think I can imagine not seeing my brothers every morning or them making me breakfast. I like seeing Raymond and Hazel sitting at the breakfast bar every morning, And seeing my brothers busy in the kitchen. I don't want to leave to miss that. I'm seventeen, I'm not ready to leave.

"I-I don't know" I said finally

"You don't know?!" he said "Why don't you want to live with me? We're mates-"

"Yes, but I'll have to make that decision when I turn eighteen" I said

"Ugh I don't think I can wait any longer" he groaned

"It's Monday, you can wait until Sunday when I turn eighteen." I said and smiled He leaned toward her and kissed her gently, He cup my face and I felt him smile.

"I don't think I can wait six more days, I want to mark you already" he said

"Patience is a virtue" I smiled and he chuckled, I felt goosebumps growing on my skin.His chuckle made me feel some type of way, I can't express how it felt.

"So.....you think we can talk about the 'Luna and protector' thing?" he asked

"I don't think I'm ready to be a luna.......call me selfish but I rather follow my dreams than be a luna for a pack" I said softly to him

"I think you'll be a great luna and also a protector, I just don't understand what's so important about being a protector" he said

"The Morris family is a royal life line you know that" I said and he nodded "they are one of the best protectors known for a long time, they're even in our lycanthrope history books" I said

"But I don't und-"

"Let me finish" I said and there was a pause until I spoke again"All of our ancestors were protector from the start and I don't want to stray from that, I want to continue the Morris' royal life line that my ancestors worked really hard for. I want to do this for them and for me. That's why I rejected you in the first place" I said and looked at him, he just stared at me with his nice chocolate eyes. I wonder what he thinking, or what it's like seeing him Every morning but I can't be a luna, it used to be a secret to why I rejected him but now he knows why i did what I did. But now it's up to him, whether he wants or he doesn't want me as his mate. This is where I stop making decision for our relationship, but am I ready for his decision?

Kayden's POV

Now It all makes sense, the reason she rejected me, her not wanting to be a luna and for her being so selfish, it's all clear now. I didn't expect that, I knew she was from a royal life line but I didn't know she wanted to go that path because of herself. A lot of people nowadays don't want to follow their ancestor's footsteps, but her and her brother do. She continues to impress me with her unexpected terms, The way she was raised was so unusual. Her father taught her to love the job she will have as being protector and he also taught her to wait for her mate, which most wolves don't do nowadays. Her parents taught her manners when needed to, she was everything I want in my mate. The only bad thing about her was that she didn't want to be a Luna. But now I have to make a decision it's either I let her go and she can follow her dreams or accept her but force her to become a luna.

"It's your choice now, either you want me or you don't" Ryder said without an expression

How can a she-wolf show no emotion? After all the she-wolf I had ever seen or meet showed emotions but then again I have to remind myself that she isn't like other girls. But do I want to leave the only girl that's so unusual but yet so perfect in her own way?