Jersey | c h

Madeleine watched the puff of what looked like smoke escape her lips in the frigid Spring air. It went from warm to cold in Jersey, the weather was unpredictable. Madeleine didn't notice, it always felt cold now. Since he had left, she had lost everything inside. Drained by his abrupt departure, nothing no longer mattered to her.

She walked the cold streets until she came across the park she knew and loved. Every time she needed a reminder of him, she'd swing, cursing herself for returning to the wretched place. The park was usually lonely but today there was someone else. A figure looking like a teenage boy sat in her place. It took only a second for recognition to subside, and she wanted to run. However, her feet carried on toward the black mass who still didn't know she was there.

"Calum," she yelled.

The figure jumped at the voice. He turned around, his face pale. His leg began to shake, nerves over taking him.

"Madeleine," he whispered in the adorable voice she had grown to love.

"What are you doing here," she asked, cocking her head to the side.

He stumbled on his words, they all falling out of his mouth in quick fashion.

"I, um, came to see you."

She stopped so she stood in front of him.

"Then why are you here?"

The question shouldn't have took him by surprise but it did.

"I was, um, on my way to your apartment. I just needed to clear my head first."

"Of what," her voice croaked back.

He stood up from the swing so he could get closer to her."

"So I wouldn't say the wrong thing. Madeleine, I'm in love with you. And I know I'm so stupid for walking out on you so-"

He was cut off by her lips pressing against his.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Madeleine,

Sorry it's so short! I hope you enjoyed it, you chose one of my favorite songs!

Love ya!

- Hayley